Photography 8e - Companion Website & Quizzes

Lightbulb Photography 8e - Companion Website & Quizzes

Hi guys,...

I just wanted to post this information, since I know there are people studying to become certified that could benefit.

If you're not already aware, the Photography 8th edition by Barbara London does have a companion website:
    http://wps.prenhall.com/hss_london_photo_8

Even if you already knew about the website, you may also be interested to know that there are study questions (3 sets of quizzes) per chapter. I found these helpful when studying the material, so hopefully you will too! Anyways, the reason I wanted to post is that SOME of the questions have errors -- if you select the right answer, it marks you as wrong. So, be alert -- if you think that you've got the right answer, check the "hint" to find the specific page in the text -- and then you can see whether the error was on your part or if the question itself was in error. I'm linking to a document that includes the "problem" questions that I found... This should save you some time and frustration!!! (Questions with Errors)
    Last edited by Betsy_Finn; 02-03-2007 at 03:14 PM. Reason: updated link
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

Default Betsy..

Thanks Betsy, by the way, how was your stay at Traverse City? And, did you make it to Detroit to Monty Zucker's seminar?
    And,,, Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B. Johnson View Post
    Thanks Betsy, by the way, how was your stay at Traverse City? And, did you make it to Detroit to Monty Zucker's seminar?
    And,,, Congratulations!!
    Thanks!

It was good! I enjoyed the seminars and even took a day to go wine tasting on the Old Mission Penninsula! I didn't make it to Monty's seminar though sigh... can't get EVERYthing in :P

Sorry to pull up a dead thread here, guys...
    ...Is the new 9th edition (March 07) PPA approved for certification, or just the 8th ed, or any of 'em?
    STEFF (not StePH)

Stephanie Millner Cr.Photog., CPP

main site | destination pets | blog | facebook | fan page

Ah, to live like the Italians... with extremely little to do.
    12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

Stephanie,

ppa.com has the "info" page about Certification...it's still showing the 8th edition (http://www.ppa.com/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=20), as is the certification website (http://www.certifiedphotographer.com...m?pageid=3279).

I think the editions will be close enough that you could use one or the other... but since the 8th edition still seems to be "the book," you probably could save yourself some money by finding a used copy?

Hey! You look just like a Certified Professional Photographer who used to post here!
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge