Hotel Update: Historic St Anthony Added

Default Hotel Update: Historic St Anthony Added

We have added rooms at the historic St. Anthony to our convention block. If you have not booked your room already, please do so now. And don't forget that November 1 is the last day to register for Imaging USA with the discounted early registration date.

The St. Anthony “A Wyndham Historic Hotel”
    300 East Travis Street
    San Antonio, Texas 78205
    (210) 227-4392
    http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/SATST/main.wnt

• Approximately 5 blocks to Convention Center
    • Convention Rate: $109 (Single) $119 (Double)
    • Cut off Date: December 12, 2006
    • Call 210-227-4392 to make reservations. Refer to code “Imaging USA” to get special rate
    • All reservations must be guaranteed and accompanied by a major credit card number to guarantee reservation or advance payment of first night’s room and tax.
    • Check in: 3:00 PM — Check out: 12:00 Noon
    Last edited by Gregory_Aide; 03-04-2007 at 05:09 PM.
    Gregory Aide
    Production Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Aide

We have added rooms at the historic St. Anthony to our convention block. If you have not booked your room already, please do so now. And don't forget that November 1 is the last day to register for Imaging USA with the discounted early registration date.

The St. Anthony “A Wyndham Historic Hotel”
    300 East Travis Street
    San Antonio, Texas 78205
    (210) 227-4392
    http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/SATST/main.wnt

• Approximately 5 blocks to Convention Center
    • Convention Rate: $109 (Single) $119 (Double)
    • Cut off Date: December 12, 2006
    • Call 210-227-4392 to make reservations. Refer to code “Imaging USA” to get special rate
    • All reservations must be guaranteed and accompanied by a major credit card number to guarantee reservation or advance payment of first night’s room and tax.
    • Check in: 3:00 PM — Check out: 12:00 Noon
    We have held our Fall Seminar at the St. Anthony for the last four years. If you are looking for a modern hotel with all the latest bells and whistles then look elsewhere, but if you like a well maintained historic hotel where each room is different and the lobby reminds you of a 1940's movie set then you will fall in love with this hotel. Before you book your room go to https://www.wyndham.com/wbr/join.wnt and sign up for free Wyndham by Request membership. It gets you free phone service, free wireless high speed internet, and free check in amenities (mine is merlot & cheese). The St. Anthony will pamper you just as they did Arnold Schwartzeneger and Maria.

Don Barnes, TPPA Vice-President
    Last edited by Don_Barnes; 10-23-2006 at 01:26 AM.
    Don Barnes
    The Photographers

The Titanic was built by Professionals,
    The Ark by Amateurs.

Okay, my wife and I are booked at the St. Anthony. This is our first time to San Antonio and also our first Imaging USA conference.

It has been stated that the St. Anthony is five blocks from the Convention Center. Is this easily walkable, or would it be better to drive? Also, if walkable, is it recommended to walk back to the hotel in the evenings?

No offense to anyone from San Antonio, I just don't know what to expect.

I also look forward to meeting some of you and putting faces to names.

Have a great day.

Richard

Hello,

A FREE Download Google Earth and look at the area.

The hotel must have link to maps.

Or go to San Antonio's website, and find links to maps, or visitor info. I did.

I got a room at Hampton Inn; although it's not on PPA lists with blocks, I got a rate about same that includes breakfast as it's a part of the Embassy Suites family where I have stayed (Austin & Neew Orleans), a part of Hilton.
    It's 3 blocks north of convention center, I assume walkable.
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Grainger View Post
    Okay, my wife and I are booked at the St. Anthony. This is our first time to San Antonio and also our first Imaging USA conference.

It has been stated that the St. Anthony is five blocks from the Convention Center. Is this easily walkable, or would it be better to drive? Also, if walkable, is it recommended to walk back to the hotel in the evenings?

No offense to anyone from San Antonio, I just don't know what to expect.

I also look forward to meeting some of you and putting faces to names.

Have a great day.

Richard
    Downtown San Antonio is a very walkable city day or night. Most of the blocks are short and there are always a lot of other people out walking and a significant police presence. The only reason to drive would be if it happens to be really cold.

Atmosphere wise it is a little like New Orleans, especially at night. Just replace the jazz bands with Mariachis. I have always felt safe in the downtown area and along the "Riverwalk". The river is twenty or so feet below street level with sidewalks on both sides and lots of restaurants with patio dining. Plan to have lots of fun.
    Don Barnes
    The Photographers

The Ark by Amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Don L. Barnes View Post
    Downtown San Antonio is a very walkable city day or night. Most of the blocks are short and there are always a lot of other people out walking and a significant police presence. The only reason to drive would be if it happens to be really cold.

Atmosphere wise it is a little like New Orleans, especially at night. Just replace the jazz bands with Mariachis. I have always felt safe in the downtown area and along the "Riverwalk". The river is twenty or so feet below street level with sidewalks on both sides and lots of restaurants with patio dining. Plan to have lots of fun.
    Thank you very much, Don. We are really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Hawkins View Post
    Hello,

A FREE Download Google Earth and look at the area.
    Thank you, George. I checked this out and WOW it is really cool. Slightly addictive, like in a morphine kind of way, but cool.

Have a great day!

Richard

Thanks Don also,

BTW, What's TPPA doing this year? The schedule is not with me.

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

Quote Originally Posted by George Hawkins View Post
    Thanks Don also,

BTW, What's TPPA doing this year? The schedule is not with me.

George
    George,

TPPA is not officially hosting any event this year at national convention. We didn't want everyone to get used to it then it not happen next year in Florida.

You can click on this link http://web.memberclicks.com/mc/page.do?orgId=tppai Highlight Community and click on calendar to bring up the TPPA Calendar. We have convention in March and the largest professional photography school in the world in April. In June we have our summer seminar and in Oct. we will have our fall seminar in San Antonio.
    Don Barnes
    The Photographers

The Ark by Amateurs.