Michael Gan vs Marc Benjamin

Default Michael Gan vs Marc Benjamin

That would be a heck of a fight wouldn't it... maybe a cage match?

But really guys, I'm trying to decide between your two classes. Which one would be of most benefit to attend. So I was wondering if I could get a longer synopsys of the itinerary? The paragraph they have in the schedual just isn't making it an easy decision...

Depends on if you want more digital technique, or if you want to broaden your creativity. We talk more about how to be able to create art, and how to sell it to your clients, how to handle clients who prefer the "smiley faces" over your sensitive images. We also work with our students on how to get out of "creative blocks" that happen to every creative person.

Since we have taken on our creative journey, we've been averaging about $3500 a portrait session, and Leslie and I have combined for 19 Merits in the last 3 years in print competition. We have been lecturing up and down the state of California for the last year in what we call a "tiny snippet" of our full day workshop (we also are developing a 5 day workshop).

Our workshop is somewhat spiritual, and most photographers don't get it. But those who do have found excitement again in the creative process of photography and art.

Michael
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I heard Marc is going to roast a hog and have FREE BEER!!!

Just kidding guys I wish I could go to both. Michael's sounds like the "shot in the arm" I've been looking for and Marc could certainly teach this old dog some new tricks. But I'll be at the APPI Fall convention that Monday (that was good timing on the APPI's part wasn't it ).

Default Oh boy...

I broke my self imposed "forum AWOL" and this was the first thing I saw when I came back.

Anyway's, our program (I'm hosting it w/ Dr. Lehman) is an instructional class thats geared towards camera room lighting and introduction of hot new products including slideshows and on-line event hosting options. We will share cost saving tips on on-line hosting, where to get the cheapest high quality frames, albums and other ways to help you optimize your material cost hence improving your cost of sale.

In addition to the hog and beer, were also giving out free Ipod's and PS3's to a few lucky attendies... That was a joke though we are hosting the event at the Fairfield Hilton and water is free. I'll buy beers though for OurPPA folks...
    Last edited by Marc_Benjamin; 10-22-2006 at 01:11 AM.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com