I Passed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Passed!

Default I Passed!

I just got my results, via snail mail: I passed the certification exam that I took two weeks ago in Pennsylvania from Craig Flory.

Wow....now I get to put my images together!

I especially want to thank Craig Flory. He was such a great host. He introduced me to everyone at the PA convention (as Karen from California, I guess I became quite a novelty for traveling so far to take the test) and made me feel very comfortable. The morning of the exam, while we were waiting for one last tester to show up, Craig's idle chatter keep the nerves down to a dull roar.

Craig, if you have a way of sharing the news with the three others who took the test with me, that would be great. I can't find the business cards they gave me.

Karen Linsley, Cr.Photog., CPP
    www.imageangels.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#/ImageAngel...graphyServices
    Now Blogging! http://imageangels.com/blog/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/imageangel

Congrats! Excellent! I'm going to have to start studying soon myself.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

You get 5 smiley faces...
    X X X X X

Well, you would have gotten them but this software barfed on them

(just in case you haven't heard it enough ) congrats -- and remember when making your image selections, the more sets of eyes, the better!
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

Default Cpp

Karen, Congrats from Central New Hampshire!

Mark, Go for it; apply and take test in April at NHPPA Conference.

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

Default well...

Like, totally awesome.....congrats..

Thanks everyone. For those of you in the process of studying for your certification exam, and for those of you who are simply thinking about it: do it. It has been a very rewarding experience for me. A bit stressful, but the positives far outwiegh the disadvantages. I was forced to renew all the beginner's stuff I learned way back when (and became very grateful for that classical education) and study and I even learned some things. It not only made me a better photographer, but it has given me more confidence to charge what I am really worth. (thanks Stan)

"and remember when making your image selections, the more sets of eyes, the better!" Betsy, I told you I already knew what I was going to select for my image submission. I went through last night and put them all in one folder on my computer, then sat back and looked at the them and immediately started second guessing myself. So I left the studio and went to see "Man of the Year" (a great movie by the way). I will keep my initial selection, and post when ready so you guys can view first for me.

Karen Linsley, Cr.Photog., CPP
    www.imageangels.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#/ImageAngel...graphyServices
    Now Blogging! http://imageangels.com/blog/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/imageangel

Default I knew you had passed when ...

Hi Karen;

Still more congratulations from Pennsylvania !!! I knew you passed. How did I know, everyone on here asks ? You have up to two hours to answer all questions. Karen was not only the 1st one finished, she did it in a little under an hour ! That's how confident and prepared she was. I think it was also because I told all of them that if they felt the need to scream, at any time during the exam, to just go right ahead. LOL

If any of you don't know, Karen stayed on in Pa. and took the two days of classes with our state group. I'm sure what she learned will be used for her Master of Photography degree.

We will all now be waiting to hear that her prints passed. Of course you all know the next step don't you ? She will start work right away on Craftsman and Master. With her drive, and determination, don't bet against her.

So Karen, to slightly alter what is often heard when Tiger Woods is playing golf ... "You the woman" !!!

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
    floryphotog@mindspring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Linsley
    I went through last night and put them all in one folder on my computer, then sat back and looked at the them and immediately started second guessing myself. So I left the studio and went to see "Man of the Year" (a great movie by the way). I will keep my initial selection, and post when ready so you guys can view first for me.
    Don't you hate it when that happens!! I started doing that for my images too... "nothing is good enough" worries, you know? I'm sure the images you've selected are great
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

Congratulations! I'm a bit away from even attempting the exam but watching the successes helps propel me in that direction.

Looking forward to seeing your print selections.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com