Should I continue?

Default Should I continue?

I started with this and worked on it to get
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

This.

I still have lots of work that needs to be done but it's for me, not the customer so......does it have possibilities or should I continue to look for an image to work on?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Gregory
    This.

I still have lots of work that needs to be done but it's for me, not the customer so......does it have possibilities or should I continue to look for an image to work on?
    Linda... What do you want the image for? Competition, personal satisfaction?

If it's for competition, you have a high key clothing situation on a low key background. Lighting is rather flat.... I would suggest that you keep looking.

If it's for personal satisfation, you have to decide when you've invested enought of your time.

Sorry, then I remember you're in the competition thread... I need to go to bed. It's been a long day... dropped and broke my camera today
    Last edited by Don_Chick; 09-09-2006 at 04:16 AM. Reason: clarity
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Linda
    I would have to agree with Don, besides what he said, the hands are a problem - an unflattering position and awkward point to cut them off. The Idea is there, but I would re photograph with less downward tip of the chin and a little more tilt to the side. You also need to fix the messy hair where it lays along the white fabric. As a side note, it is real hard to tell how well the artwork that you have done to her face to give light direction would hold up in a competition print. On this file it appears that you have done a good job and carried it out onto the fabric wrap. I do see the catch lights in the eyes of your worked image and it appears to me not to fit the new lighting direction, so watch that. I feel like this image has potential but it just has so much to fix that it would be better to re-photograph with better light direction, light background and I would leave the hands out entirely. If you want to keep going with this and try to fix the hands, hair, background etc, you might consider entering in Art Tech or EI which are judging considering degree of difficulty. Be sure to include a before print if you do that. By the way - did you ever receive your video critique from National this year?

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Good grief, I thought I'd responded to this.

Thanks loads for your suggestions. I do love to take nothing and see if I can make something but then, sometimes I need a little more ingredience to make pudding. It's nice to be able to ask for someone's unobjective view to see if I should continue. Of course, there are times with other's work I don't get the luxury of not continuing but then, that's what's given me the experience I have.

I am already working to set this up again and will take all the suggestions in my hip pocket.

Keith, no, the video and prints have not arrived yet from National yet. Dale's getting impatient as he's selling his house and taking off for the winter.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com