Ron Nichols' Retouch Workshop

Default Ron Nichols' Retouch Workshop

Last week I attended Ron's retouching workshop in Atlanta and I just want to let everyone here know I thought it was fantastic! Ron and Carol did a super job of teaching the best and quickest ways of retouching. I highly recommend anyone interested in learning retouching to take one of his classes!

Jerry

If you like it have you tried his RN tool Palette

I love this thing
    “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” Henry David Thoreau

Yes, I bought it a month ago, it greatly speeds up my workflow. I don't see how I can live without it. It's cheep at double the price!

Jerry

Definitely worth the price. Just another tool on the computer. I use it daily.

~D
    David M. Deutsch, M.Photog.Cr., PPA Certified
    Website Blog Sr Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Alvarez
    If you like it have you tried his RN tool Palette

I love this thing
    Fill me in, what's so great about the RN Tool Pallet?

It really simplifies the retouching process. It takes you through each step.. selects the tool and the opacity needed. If you have questions, it even has videos.

It will help streamline your workflow and keep your retouching more consistant.

I put a 1 minute demo on my blog, but if you want more in depth info go to Ron's web site.

David
    Last edited by David_M_Deutsch; 09-08-2006 at 02:54 AM. Reason: it's late and I can't type ;)

Thank David

Debra take a few minute and watch Ron Video

You'll see what it all about!
    Simple easy retounching palette

This is a 30 Full service Trial
    download it and get it a whirl
    “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” Henry David Thoreau

I downloaded the demo for the Palette which is good for 30 days for the full version. Here's his website http://www.ronnichols.com/

I liked the Palette so much that I went ahead and placed the order right away plus decided to get his two DVD set offered for $69 on the site. No use waiting until the last minute when I knew I wanted to have it.

Note - the 2 DVD set provides additional training and is to be used in addition to the Palette - not instead of it.

Here's the description for the 2 DVD set: "This 2-DVD set takes you through four different retouching jobs from beginning to end. Ron shows you not only what to retouch, but how to do it. He demonstrates advanced techniques using the palette, helps you to think "out-of-the-box" and teaches other enhancement processes to take your retouching to the next level. You'll learn how to fix a lazy eye, straighten a nose, nip-and-tuck, remove stray hair and many other corrective measures. Jobs shown include a high school senior boy, senior girl, outdoor family and a woman's glamour portrait. Approx. 90 minutes."

Received the order very fast also but haven't had a chance to look at the 2 DVD set yet. Too busy working on my photographs with the Palette! Take care, Lois

As I said this is a great tool Check it out

Here is a sample
    several versions
    The first has no Edit it is straight for the camera
    the other two are variations using RN tool Palette
    (1)

(2)

(3)
    Last edited by Derek_Alvarez; 09-20-2006 at 08:24 PM.

Default More samples from the palette

I just finished an assignment for a large accounting firm and photographed my last subject from the firm this morning. I retouched the file using the Retouching palette in about 5 minutes. Here are some real world samples of images.

A couple of high school seniors:

A Lawyer:

DMD - out