On line practice test.

Default On line practice test.

Has anyone done the practice tests at www.prenhall.com/london? This is an on line study guide for the book. Are the questions anything like the test?

John

David_Mithofer

Default Online practice tests

Any resource can be beneficial for studying for the exam, but be aware that these tests will not be anything like the CPP exam. The CPP exam is written by professional photographers for professsional photographers. It is a little different approach than an academic takes. I would certainly skip any of the test questions on history and chemistry. These things do not appear on the CPP exam.

If you do not already have them I would recommend going to www.certifiedphotographer.com and downloading the sample questions. These will give you a good idea of the difference between the Prentice Hall exam questions and the CPP exam questions.

Regards,
    David Mithofer
    Manager, Member Services

I've done most of the practice quizzes from the book (aside from those for Ch. 17 -- I'll be completing those soon). While not necessarily a good representation of the questions that will be on the exam, you can get an idea of which sections of the text (e.g. what topics) you need to work on.

I'm taking the Certification Exam in October... so I can't speak as someone who's already taken the test. But, I will say that the quizzes do a good job of showing me my problem areas.

One thing to keep in mind is that some of the questions (I can post which ones if you want) tell you that the correct answer is wrong -- this happened for maybe 1/10 of the questions, if that. So if you think you're right - check the "hint" page in the book -- you may very well be. And, if you're wrong, at least you'll be able to understand what is the correct answer.

Here's a link to the thread about "previous exams" -- you may find it helpful -- although specific answers and questions aren't given, you should be able to get a better idea of the composition of typical questions and what sorts of things are important.
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

One thing to keep in mind is that some of the questions (I can post which ones if you want) tell you that the correct answer is wrong
    !!! I was taking some quizzes the other day and I could have sworn some of the answers were wrong. Man, I thought it was me.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Default Re: Online practice tests

Hi Betsy, I am just reading your thread. What is the book which has the practice quizzes? I would be grateful for your response. Thanks, Laura

Default Re: Online practice tests

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Mansur View Post
    Hi Betsy, I am just reading your thread. What is the book which has the practice quizzes? I would be grateful for your response. Thanks, Laura
    Laura, the thread you are responding to is from 2006. But the fortunately for you the quizzes she is referring to are still around I think she was talking about the chapter quiz at the end of each chapter of the London, Stone & Upton. Photography. 2011 (10th edition). I believe there is an online version for registered users of the book. Although one of many books on the list..this one is one of the more important ones. You can also find a quiz here: http://quizlet.com/22782806/certifie...3-flash-cards/

Other resources can be found here: http://www.ppa.com/cpp/content.cfm?ItemNumber=4152

If you have any other questions...Please come back or start a new thread. I am a CPP Liaison and there are others here who can help. Good luck with your studying.

BTW I do believe Betsy did earn her CPP.
    Last edited by Vance_Wagener; 12-08-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Vance Wagener, CPP Liaison