Hi Holly
Thanks for the heads up. I'm kinda surprised they haven't done this before now. One thing it tells me is that our certification process must be making waves around the industry. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. To be honest with you I'm not a big fan of state organizations certification programs either. It becomes redundant and confusing. I know PPA now has a program of multiple certifications and frankly I think it just dilutes the designation. I know it is supposed to seperate the disciplines but I'm certified period. Not a certified senior portrait photographer or certified wedding photographer or certified banana photographer etc. I don't think Wal-Mart certified will be much use outside their own studios. I can see them holding it over one anothers heads but so few of them work there for more than six months that I doubt that it will have much clout even in their own shops. If consumers can't distinguish between PPA Certified and Wal-Mart Certified than we are in trouble.