Print Competition Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Print Competition Results

The results of the 2006 International Print Competition have been posted. You can download a pdf of the List of Accepted Prints here:
    http://www.ppa.com/i4a/pages/Index.cfm?pageID=639.
    Gregory Aide
    Production Manager

Congrats everybody! Lots of names I recognize on these boards!

Michael
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I cannot seem to open the file. I didnt enter this year, but I wanted to see how everyone else did. Congrats to all who merited.
    Jane Lydick Staid, M. Photog. Cr. CPP (only cuz I had to)

Default Opened fine for me ...

Hi Jane;

It opened right up for me Jane. I saved it on my hard drive. I scrolled through quickly and saw that one of our state members who won a whole bunch of trophies at our annual convention, won two merits including one on the image he won our state's most prestigious trophy with. Congratulations to Dave Savorino !

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
    floryphotog@mindspring.com

I am beaming!

Two of mine garnered the merits they deserved from being sealed at our regional convention and one will be in the book! Now, how many books must I buy????

Also, two other photographers who's images I worked on/printed through the lab merited, plus one in the book!

I feel on air! (no, my arm doesn't hurt just yet from patting myself on the back but it's gonna by tonight, that's why I'm typing this now, while I can! <big, evil grin>)
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

6. Default What does Loan mean again?

Sorry for being so stupid about all this, but what does "Loan" mean? I think my print when loan (has an 'L' after it) but am not sure what that means ... other than I think it is a good thing :-)

Congrats Linda! You're well on your way to becoming a Master!

Way to Go John, The loan image means it was an exceptional image and will give you two merits, instead of one. It will be published in the Loan collection book and will be displayed in a seperate are from the general collection images in San Antonio. The loan images are the top 4-500 images out of the 1800 or so that are accepted for exhibition (out of some 6-7000 entries, that is great!)

Michael
    Last edited by Michael_Gan; 07-25-2006 at 09:04 PM.

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber

Default Ahhh, what a lucky first case...

Hey guys, well I got very lucky (beginners luck?) on my first try and got a 4/4.
    1 Loan, 2 Showcase Books and 1 General = Photog of the Year.

Anyway's, very happy here and I've always wanted a reason to buy a bottle of Dom and started drinking last night! Lol j/k

Congratulations to everybody else and we'll cya and your images in San Antonio...
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Yep, saw that Marc, Congrats!

Michael

—Michael Gerber

Default Ahhh, congrats to you guys as well...

Hi Michael,

Congrats to you and Leslie on the Fresco as well. BTW, I saw that you got 2 loans..... now how close are you to the Imaging Excellence Award?
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com