I did it!

Thread: I did it!

Default I did it!

After a hefty 6 year hiatus, I've entered competition this year. I entered again.

Of COURSE I opted for the critiques and yes,

I HATE MY CASE!

After all the work, all the agonizing that goes into it, how could you not? All the flaws have been spotted and seem very obvious, ready to drag the image down.

WAIT! I have confidence that they're all great, the judges will agree and ON to next year!

Yes, my nerves are more than a little frayed, please forgive!

Who's with me on the hand wringing thing?
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Default Re: I did it!

So, when will I hear the results? Are the video critiques ready NOW?
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Linda I feel your pain. Tgis is my most critical year. I need to get five merits out of my Master Artist case to get my Masters in Nashville in January. I don't want four merits, I need five. I am so nervous but then again, it is now out of my control.

This year I submitted two cases. On in Open and of course, the other in Master Artist. I am very blas? about the Open case. I am just starting that journey towards my Master Photography degree so I have no concerns or expectations on that case. I am only worried about the MA case.

I need four merits to get my Masters. Four. Attainable? I'm not sure. I went four for four one year, don't have a loan print yet...I seriously hate everything I sent in this year because I've agonized too much! We shall see.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Linda,
    For the last two years, I have been a nervous wreck after entering IPC. I would go back, look at the images...and see all sorts of things I should have done.
    This year though, I entered my images, and after I clicked the submit button, I closed up the folder where my images are, and haven't been back to them since. I'm doing well with keeping my mind off of it, even though it is difficult.

By the way, I'll be at IPC, and I know at that point, I'll be a nervous wreck, unless Rick M. can help keep my mind occupied with helping on the print crew. Otherwise, I'm going to be glued to the rooms where Portraits are being judged.

About that, I had noticed this year, I could only enter my images as Portraits. I thought in years past, I could enter them as Illustration. Did something change?
    Last edited by Marie_M; 07-14-2014 at 09:11 PM.

As soon as I pressed submit I went to look at the images again and immediately saw that I needed to do some dodging and burning on some highlights on one image and noticed that the border lines around another image looked off a pixel or two. My hindsight is 20/20 at least.
    I think I entered 3 that were Illustration and one commercial

I had a lab. I printed my own. I printed each one at LEAST 3 times and had other eyes look at it.

This is the first year I'm entering without the ability to print my own--multiple times. I entered digitally.

I worry about calibration, I worry that I missed something, I miss the prints.

Marie, I also closed my folder and have not gone back other than to share with someone what images I submitted.

Oh, but I ALSO thought of a couple of killer titles a week later. *sigh*
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com