Fiberbilt Box and Foam

Hybrid View

Question Fiberbilt Box and Foam

I'm sending my first image in to the WPPI print competition. I ordered a Fiberbilt box and thought it came with the foam inserts but it doesn't. Do I have to use a specific foam? Where can I get it? Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Fiberbilt Box and Foam

The type of foam is not important. The thin single weight bubble foam you can find in your stationery store that they sell by the linear yard is fine. You just need something between your prints to keep them from getting scratched in transit. Just have consideration for the print crew and don't "overpack" your case - like wrapping them in separate bags, taping the bags tightly closed, and wrapping the whole thing in bubble wrap and taping it again - it's overkill that a lot of people do - it just makes it more difficult for the print crew to unpack your case. The best way is to find a case that the prints fit in without a lot of sloshing around, put a sheet of cardboard in the bottom followed by a print then a sheet of thin bubble foam, then another print, then another sheet of the foam, etc... then top it off with a couple of sheets of corrugated cardboard to make the case fit tight - then button up the case, tape it closed with one small strip of tape on each side just in case the straps come loose, then strap it closed and ship it. The print crew will love you for not making their job more difficult by wrapping the prints up in the extreme - remember, they may have a thousand cases to unpack...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Default Re: Fiberbilt Box and Foam

Thanks so much Rick!! I appreciate the advice...will definitely use your suggestions.