Enter older image?

Default Enter older image?

I have had some issues with equipment and need to fill out my case. I have an image that from 8 years ago that did well at SEPPA and GPPA but was never sent to PPA. Can I enter that print?

Default Re: Enter older image?

In the past there was a time limit on how old images could be, but that rule has been done away with and there is currently nothing in the rules about how current an image needs to be, so you should be OK with the age of the image. There is a rule that if the image has received a merit, it cannot be reentered by anyone in any competition, but even if the image had received a seal of approval at SEPPA, if it had not been submitted to the PPA-IPC, it could still be re-entered to be rejudged for a new seal. This situation came up at the SWPPA district judging last fall, and the question was put before several PPA jury chairmen and PEC members for a ruling and it was stated that as long as the image did not recieve a MERIT, it could be reentered. That is for the PPA and the District part of the competition. If there are any state specific or regional association awards that are given, then the rules for that association would govern the state or regional affiliate awards. Some regional affiliate associations may have in their rules that if an image has been entered into their regional judging once, that it is not eligible for state or affiliate association awards a second time (like best portrait, state or regional photographer of the year or top 10 awards, and/or sponsor supplied awards like Kodak, Fuji or Canon), so that ruling would have to be made by the regional or state affiliate committee chairman for that affiliate. But you should be OK as far as PPA eligibility goes.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

That's what I thought. Thanks Rick. That makes 3, now where can I get one more?

Since you're looking at older images - you can always come shoot me - oh, wait, sorry, you're probably looking for something that will hang - I wouldn't work out for you since it would be an automatic failure on one of the 12 points - "Subject Matter". Some things the judges just don't want to have to see...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Turner View Post
    That's what I thought. Thanks Rick. That makes 3, now where can I get one more?
    Pure torture=having only 3 images ready for print comp, and scanning everything you've done in the last few years, trying to come up with the final 4th image. I think there is some head-banging, some deals with devils, prayers, and finally asking a spouse who doesn't know anything about print comp to help you decide.

I've even heard screams!