Calling Non-Judge CPPs: Feedback Requested on Images

Red face Calling Non-Judge CPPs: Feedback Requested on Images

When I missed the February 15 image review deadline, one of you wisely suggested that I post my prospective images on an external website and ask CPPs not involved in judging the image review to visit and leave feedback. This was largely because I have been unable to get the support of my state's only CPP Liaison, and I would very much like to improve my craft, enter images in early April, and earn my CPP at that time.

If you are willing, I have posted images, and captioned them with the category in which I hope to submit them, at the following URL: http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/EwY1U4SY/1/5936093
    I would be very grateful if several of you would give me constructive feedback. I think that many of the images are close if not ready for submission, but I think I still have some ground to cover between now and April!

Thanks!

--Chris

Default Re: Calling Non-Judge CPPs: Feedback Requested on Images

I'm not going to offer any C&C, except to say that you should be fine with this selection. I'd submit this group with no hesitation.

I would suggest that you swap CPP08 for your elective feminine pose. The head is tilted towards the low shoulder in your feminine pose image while in CPP08 the head is tilted towards the high shoulder, Tilting the head towards the low shoulder is typically considered masculine. Her arm position and the head looking back over the shoulder gives this a feminine look, but it may not meet the classic definition. A classic definition of a femine pose is the head tilted towards the high shoulder. A classic masculine pose has the head tilted towards the low shoulder. Why take a chance when you can be sure that CPP08 meets the requirements of the classic pose?
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 03-01-2013 at 06:57 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Thanks, Rick and Mark. Rick, does that mean that, other than that one suggestion, you feel the rest are worthy of submission?

Chris,

There are a couple of images that I would find questionable as a judge in the lighting scenarios - there are a few that don't give much for light direction, for example - in the images, I would expect short lighting and they are more flatly lit. 0479, 2553 specifically.

P.S. I just finished my stint as a CPP judge.
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Thanks, Jackie!