missing merits - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: missing merits

Default Re: missing merits

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_07 View Post
    I wonder sometimes if they are a little short on help. I entered Summer Shootout in August and STILL haven't received my critique yet. And now they seem to be having trouble getting the IUSA merits posted. I realize that there are many to post, but it just seems like when I read notes across the forum, maybe they need a few more hands to get everything done.
    Posting the merits is done by PPA staff. The critiques are done by the judges. The staff does not do the critiques. Headquarters staff is always short handed. Getting the critiques done is dependent on getting volunteer judges to have enough free time to do the critiques - so it might take some time on the critiques - but - it's been a while since the summer shootout ended - and I would have thought that they would have finished them by now - I'll drop a line and check into it...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Rick,
    As I was telling you in my message, I spoke with several people. One of them told me that they hire an outside company to do the critiques. That seemed kind of weird?!
    Thanks so much for looking into it!

Yeah, that sounds really strange since judging critiques are always done by the judges. It sounds like a disconnect with the customer service rep who gave you that answer. I'll keep you posted on what I hear back.]]
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Thanks!!

I've also been wondering about the merit for attending Imaging. I'll just monitor this thread to see when you guys get yours.
    Tracy, CPP
    Recording Secretary, VPPA State Board of Directors
    2015 VPPA Convention Chairman
    VPPA Tidewater District Treasurer

Quote Originally Posted by Tss1203 View Post
    Yep, 2010 was the year you recruited over the forum, so I wen down and helped.

I'm trying to figure out how many merits I need to squeeze in so I can get my masters. I know how many print merits, but I need several more service merits so I'm trying to find what's missing

I'll check Todd's report and see if his is accurate. He doesn't care about his as much as I care about mine
    Amy, if you need merits for your masters, you might look into doing some programs, it's a much easier way to get there....

thanks Stan. I know I'm going to have to take some Super Monday classes to get there, and maybe even do a few other things. It's all dependent on whether I can even pull off getting my other 3 print merits this year...I don't have a lot of faith.

So I got one more merit that showed up, but I'm still missing a few...like all the ones from this year.
    Amy Feick CPP

Rick, you are awesome! I got both of those merits, and I figure the ones for Imaging 13 will show up eventually. I really appreciate you helping me out here.
    Amy Feick CPP

Quote Originally Posted by Tss1203 View Post
    thanks Stan. I know I'm going to have to take some Super Monday classes to get there, and maybe even do a few other things. It's all dependent on whether I can even pull off getting my other 3 print merits this year...I don't have a lot of faith.
    Sorry, I didn't mean take classes, I meant teach them. As to the print merits, if you only need three, then you have 10. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to have faith....

Hi, everyone -

Just noticed that the merits for volunteering on PEC Crew this year posted in the past day or so, but the merit for attending Imaging has not. If you volunteered, you might want to confirm it's on your report.

Mike.