missing merits
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: missing merits

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Port Huron, Michigan
    Posts
    1,105

    Default missing merits

    Who do I contact about merits missing from my report? I don't have my merit for attending Imaging in 2012 (even though I have my merit for print crew, go figure). I also don't have a merit for helping on Print Crew the first year I attended in 2010, but that could be my mistake.
    Amy Feick CPP

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    3,569

    Default Re: missing merits

    I'd check with Kristen Hartman at PPA Headquarters about your merit for attending Imaging.
    I'll send Nikki a note about your missing merits from 2010. I remember 2010 - that was Nashville and the last year that Jim was PEC Administrator and the year that we had to make a last minute call for volunteers over the forum via Keith since they pulled the yellow shirt student volunteers away from the print crew at the last minute. You may not have gotten on the list since things were kinda up in the air. If it's any consolation, I'm missing about 8 merits on my report too - so it might turn out to be just a computer error - they may really be there just not showing up on the report.

    What about Todd - is he missing any merits ? I could cover them both in one email.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...


    Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Extreme SW Corner of KS
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: missing merits

    I don't have my merit for attending IUSA this year or any for working on the print crew. Should we have received them by now?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Port Huron, Michigan
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: missing merits

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_07 View Post
    I don't have my merit for attending IUSA this year or any for working on the print crew. Should we have received them by now?
    same here Skye, but I figured they might take a little bit. I'm really confused on why I don't have one for attending last year though...
    Amy Feick CPP

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Port Huron, Michigan
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: missing merits

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    I'd check with Kristen Hartman at PPA Headquarters about your merit for attending Imaging.
    I'll send Nikki a note about your missing merits from 2010. I remember 2010 - that was Nashville and the last year that Jim was PEC Administrator and the year that we had to make a last minute call for volunteers over the forum via Keith since they pulled the yellow shirt student volunteers away from the print crew at the last minute. You may not have gotten on the list since things were kinda up in the air. If it's any consolation, I'm missing about 8 merits on my report too - so it might turn out to be just a computer error - they may really be there just not showing up on the report.

    What about Todd - is he missing any merits ? I could cover them both in one email.
    Yep, 2010 was the year you recruited over the forum, so I wen down and helped.

    I'm trying to figure out how many merits I need to squeeze in so I can get my masters. I know how many print merits, but I need several more service merits so I'm trying to find what's missing

    I'll check Todd's report and see if his is accurate. He doesn't care about his as much as I care about mine
    Amy Feick CPP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Extreme SW Corner of KS
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: missing merits

    [QUOTE=Tss1203;284620]Yep, 2010 was the year you recruited over the forum, so I wen down and helped.

    I'm trying to figure out how many merits I need to squeeze in so I can get my masters. I know how many print merits, but I need several more service merits so I'm trying to find what's missing

    QUOTE]

    I wonder sometimes if they are a little short on help. I entered Summer Shootout in August and STILL haven't received my critique yet. And now they seem to be having trouble getting the IUSA merits posted. I realize that there are many to post, but it just seems like when I read notes across the forum, maybe they need a few more hands to get everything done.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    3,569

    Default Re: missing merits

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_07 View Post
    I wonder sometimes if they are a little short on help. I entered Summer Shootout in August and STILL haven't received my critique yet. And now they seem to be having trouble getting the IUSA merits posted. I realize that there are many to post, but it just seems like when I read notes across the forum, maybe they need a few more hands to get everything done.
    Posting the merits is done by PPA staff. The critiques are done by the judges. The staff does not do the critiques. Headquarters staff is always short handed. Getting the critiques done is dependent on getting volunteer judges to have enough free time to do the critiques - so it might take some time on the critiques - but - it's been a while since the summer shootout ended - and I would have thought that they would have finished them by now - I'll drop a line and check into it...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...


    Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Extreme SW Corner of KS
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: missing merits

    Rick,
    As I was telling you in my message, I spoke with several people. One of them told me that they hire an outside company to do the critiques. That seemed kind of weird?!
    Thanks so much for looking into it!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Diego, Calif
    Posts
    5,846

    Default Re: missing merits

    Quote Originally Posted by Tss1203 View Post
    Yep, 2010 was the year you recruited over the forum, so I wen down and helped.

    I'm trying to figure out how many merits I need to squeeze in so I can get my masters. I know how many print merits, but I need several more service merits so I'm trying to find what's missing

    I'll check Todd's report and see if his is accurate. He doesn't care about his as much as I care about mine
    Amy, if you need merits for your masters, you might look into doing some programs, it's a much easier way to get there....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Port Huron, Michigan
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: missing merits

    thanks Stan. I know I'm going to have to take some Super Monday classes to get there, and maybe even do a few other things. It's all dependent on whether I can even pull off getting my other 3 print merits this year...I don't have a lot of faith.

    So I got one more merit that showed up, but I'm still missing a few...like all the ones from this year.
    Amy Feick CPP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Live Chat is closed