Transportation

Thread: Transportation

Hybrid View

Default Transportation

What is the most direct, cheapest way to get from the airport to the Omni? I will have a lot of luggage. Is anyone else arriving early Thursday for 9am classes?

Default Re: Transportation

I have heard Marta is a good choice from the airport to the convention center.

Here is the IUSA transportation info page (I pasted some of that info below in the quote box)
    http://imagingusa.org/hotels-travel/

A cab ride costs $30.00 from the airport to downtown Atlanta for one person, with a $2.00 charge for each additional person. Pickup is located in the Yellow Aisle of the Ground Transportation Center, located outside at the west end of the airport between the North and South Terminals.
    Note: not all Atlanta cabs accept credit cards. Check with your cab before you depart.
    Airport Shuttle Service

The Atlanta Airport Shuttle Service is the official service provider at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. The shuttle is $29.00 per person, one way to downtown Atlanta. Shuttles run daily from 6:00 a.m. to midnight. Visit taass.net for schedule and reservation information. Pickup is located in the Purple Aisle of the Ground Transportation Center, located outside at the west end of the airport between the North and South Terminals.
    Rental Cars
    There are 13 rental car agencies with offices near baggage claim at the airport. Check with each company for rates.
    Public Transit

The Metropolitan Transit Authority (MARTA) has a train station attached to the airport, just past baggage claim. A one-way fare is $2.50, and it takes about 20 minutes to get to Downtown Atlanta. In fact, the Georgia World Congress Center is one of the stops! Visit itsmarta.com for routes and schedules.

Cheapest and actually the most efficient is the MARTA. It's only $5.00 round trip plus the cost of a reusable Marta Card (I think it's something like $1)

Take the Marta to 5 point station and transfer to the blue line to Blue line to the CNN center - which is where the Omni is at.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Thanks Mike. What's the travel time from airport to Omni? What time do I need to leave airport to get to my 9am class on time?