Will the Loop replace OurPPA forum?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Will the Loop replace OurPPA forum?

I am trying to understand the difference between the newly established "loop" and the OUR PPA Forums. WHat is the difference and will the loop replace this forum. I am trying to understand why in this saturated social media era did the PPA design another platform. I thought the forum was where you connected with other PPA members.

Please explain. Thanks!

Default Re: Will the Loop replace OurPPA forum?

Hi, Keith. Actually, theLoop is just another way for people to interact with PPA -- another door. Look at it like food (my favorite way to look at anything). Some like Mexican, some like Chinese, some like Italian. Some want tablecloths and candlelight, and some just want wings and a burger. A lot of people will continue to want to interact through OurPPA.com. And our hunch is that many who aren't participating in the forum will want to interact through a crowd-sourced social network (so far our hunch is correct). As you know, the experience is very different. In a nutshell, we are just trying to provide another door for people to enter. It is not the intent to force anyone to interact one way or the other.
    David Trust,
    CEO, Professional Photographers of America

Keith,

I do not understand it either. But it has been two days and no one official has answered you.

The Loop seems to be a lesser quality to this forum in format and ease of use. It seems like the Loop could have been part of this forum if it is just for these members.

I would like to know more.
    Just a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_Hopkins View Post
    I am trying to understand the difference between the newly established "loop" and the OUR PPA Forums. WHat is the difference and will the loop replace this forum. I am trying to understand why in this saturated social media era did the PPA design another platform. I thought the forum was where you connected with other PPA members.

Please explain. Thanks!
    On top of that, and I hope this isn't too critical as I may not see the loop benefits at this point, it looks like a gigantic mess with a total lack of organization. Do I need to be trained to comprehend what's going on here?

It appears to me the forum is much better as it is a well organized structure. As far as sensitive information is concerned peaople need to submit to areas that are not available to non-members. PPA needs to make it clear as to what areas are private in each and every area so the membership is not confused as to whether non-PPA members will have access.

I have not read up on the loop I admit. I just see this thing coming into my e-mail and it looks like mass confusion and I basically ignore it all.

Am I wrong with this impression?
    Billy Walker
    Billy Walker Photography
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    "Let's Go Racin' Boy's"

Quote Originally Posted by bwalker View Post
    It appears to me the forum is much better as it is a well organized structure. As far as sensitive information is concerned peaople need to submit to areas that are not available to non-members. PPA needs to make it clear as to what areas are private in each and every area so the membership is not confused as to whether non-PPA members will have access.

I have not read up on the loop I admit. I just see this thing coming into my e-mail and it looks like mass confusion and I basically ignore it all.

I had a similar impression... it's not easy to navigate, and it has the same conversations as the forum. I'll likely stay here....

Quote Originally Posted by bwalker View Post
    On top of that, and I hope this isn't too critical as I may not see the loop benefits at this point, it looks like a gigantic mess with a total lack of organization. Do I need to be trained to comprehend what's going on here?

I had the same impression.... the forum seems much easier to navigate, and it seems to have the same conversations.... I'll stay here....

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_Lawrence View Post
    I had the same impression.... the forum seems much easier to navigate, and it seems to have the same conversations.... I'll stay here....

Ditto...I can't tolerate what a waste of time the Loop is. Definitely NOT a PROFESSIONALLY devised site for PROFESSIONAL photographers.

I also find the Loop very confusing. I can't figure most of it out and some of the pages don't work properly. I wish there was more information and help about the Loop. I have attempted to work with it every day since it started and have not had much success.

I find the forums perfectly aqueduct for discussion, and it is laid out in an orderly and non-confusing manner.

Also, if anyone can help point me in the right direction, please do so, as it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_Wrubel View Post

Also, if anyone can help point me in the right direction, please do so, as it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Stephen, write to TheLoop@ppa.com and they will help you. Best way to navigate through the loop is to go to you home page. At the bottom, click on the groups you're subscribed to and there you will see the different discussions. Once you get used to the interface, it's actually not as hard.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

New here...not to the PPA, but new to the forums. I completely forgot they existed until I found my email invite to The Loop.

I think many of us are just used to forums. I grew up on them. Remember AOL Wedding Chat room? I'm totally showing my age here. The Loop reminds me of another social networking site for photographers. Laid out very similar. With so many places to hang out these days, it's a lot of info to digest.

And do the posts here show up on the Loop? It seems like it. Not sure. I watched the 2 minute promo video. I think I'm ready for "the study hall" to figure that place out. LOL