Going Alone - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going Alone

Default Re: Going Alone

Thanks Rick, I look forward to working with you and the others as well. It will be nice to meet everyone!

Joining the the print set up crew is a great way to start off IUSA, you get to see all the prints before the general public and by the time you are done working you will have made a bunch of new friends.

Are you on the crew as well? This is my first year so EVERYTHING is going to be a new experience, but I'm really excited about all of it!

Yes, I am on the print crew again this year and look forward to working with my fellow Print crew engineers or PCEs.
    My current profile photo was taken while on print crew duty.

I thought it must be--it's too bad there isn't some way to view the profile pics closer, but it looks like you're having a blast!

Ed moved too fast - we were gonna shrink wrap him to the Walker Rod crates, but he moved too fast... maybe next time...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Yeah, that was a close one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_07 View Post
    I thought it must be--it's too bad there isn't some way to view the profile pics closer, but it looks like you're having a blast!
    OK - here's a closer look - I captured this image with my little Kodak PlaySport100 Point-and-Hope, so it's not all that great... Ed was on top of the crates of Walker Rods. He was holding the 6 crates together so we could wrap them up on the pallet for shipment back to PPA HQ. and yes, he WAS wearing a Kodachrome T-shirt. Either Dwight was too slow or Ed was just too fast - anyway... we'll try again this year !!!
    This is how we get the same volunteers for following years - we shrink wrap them to the equipment crates !

The ninja on the right so adroitly wielding that roll of shrink wrap like a katana is Dwight Okumoto from Hawaii. Dwight is the Chairman of the Board of the Professional Photographers of Hawaii, he's a CPP, an API (Approved Photographic Instructor) a PPA International Juror, and has EVERY Degree that PPA offers - Master of Photography, Master Artist, Master of Electronic Imaging, Photographic Craftsman - plus the PPA Imaging Excellence Award and the Imaging Excellence Bar Award - the Imaging Excellence Award is given for 13 Loan Collection Images after the Masters Degree has been earned - the Imaging Excellence Bar is given for 25 Loan Images AFTER the 13 for the imaging Excellence Award - that's a total of 28 Loan Collection Prints, folks !!! Plus, he's just a really cool guy !!! He's probably lost count of how many of his images were "just a merit". This is just an example of the kind of EXTREME talent you get to hang out with when you're a PEC volunteer working the Print Crew at Imaging. Just imagine what you could learn by picking Dwight's brain for 6 hours while hanging the prints and "talking shop". So working at the convention for the PEC hanging the print exhibit becomes an incredible learning opportunity !!!

And Ed - we WILL get you this year - beware of the "shrink wrap ninja", grasshopper !!!

... and yes, for those who are wondering about the ninja remarks, I was heavily into martial arts for about 20+ years - until my knees finally gave out - MA competition is in the past - now it's just for "fun" - like when somebody foolishly tries to rob me - ya ha - fun time !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 10-23-2012 at 04:33 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Wow! I'm impressed! And more excited than ever!! This is going to be an incredible experience!! But, I'm definitely thinking sensible shoes are the order for the day! LOL