Only CPP test place in October
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Only CPP test place in October

Hi group;

I was told that the only place to take the certification exam this October (maybe even all fall) is here in Pennsylvania. I'm the C.P.P. Liaison for the state and give it 4 times a year. I'll be giving it on Sunday October 1st in Camp Hill, Pa. which is just across the Susquehanna River from the state capitol of Harrisburg. If you are studying for the test and would like to take it in October ... let me know by e-mail and set up for it with PPA. We already may have about 12 photogs. coming here for the test from all over the country. So sign up soon ...

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, PPA C.P.P. Liaison, Cr.Photog., ASP

floryphotog@mindspring.com

Hello,

I find it strange & unfortunate for applicants in New England, including nearby NY & NJ people that PPA does not have plans to administer the exam at September's PPANE covention!

I will bug PPA! I was liaison in late 80's then PPA started sending staff to give exam, and have ever since. The current NH liaison is quite active encouring interested people in NH; so I'll ask him about PPA plans.

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

George,

I may be wrong on this and if I am I appologize but I believe it is up to each state and or region's CPP Liason to schedule the exams, not up to PPA it self.

I know ehre in Maryland our PPA Liasion trys to schedule two during the year and then again at the convention but it is up to him and the State PPA Affiliate as to when it is going to be, National does have to be made aware of it though so they can have the exams ready

John Stein

John, You are quite correct. However, PPANE is a regional; thus there is no liaison per se. I guess, we need to encourage one of the six liaisons (six states) to jump forward and offer to administer an exam, as I once did.

I am not sure why PPA staff came to NE, but probably primarily to run a booth at our trade show, then secondarily to do exam.

I just emailed PPA, with cc to our NH liaison, Don Chick, who is pro-active towards the program.

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

PS: The six NE state conventions are all in winter & spring. Thus som e of tried to schedule exam in September at PPANE convention.
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

Default I hope you can get a proctor

Hi George;

I hope you can get a proctor who will give the C.P.P. test at your September Regional. If not ... anyone is welcome to come take it here in Pa. in October.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., PPA C.P.P. Liaison, ASP
    floryphotog@mindspring.com

Craig,

The CPP exam is being given in Illinois in November, but I'm still comin' to see you in PA!
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

PS: Just to clarify you guys are talking about New England. NE is the abbreviation for Nebraska.

Vance

Quote Originally Posted by John Stein
    George,

I may be wrong on this and if I am I appologize but I believe it is up to each state and or region's CPP Liason to schedule the exams, not up to PPA it self.

I know ehre in Maryland our PPA Liasion trys to schedule two during the year and then again at the convention but it is up to him and the State PPA Affiliate as to when it is going to be, National does have to be made aware of it though so they can have the exams ready

John Stein
    Hi John, PPA is trying to have the exams during sanctioned schools, state conventions and national convention. Seems some of the proctors were getting a little too gabby with the examinees.

We have secured a special exam time in September at our association meeting because we have 16 of our members who will be taking the exam. Thanks to David Milthofer for his efforts!

Michael
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Default Ne

YES, I was referring to New England!
    If none of the six state liaisons volunteer to proctor, I will find time among some other volunteer positions. I'd rather encourage our New Hampshire liaison to proctor. As I once wrote, PPA has recently had staff present for PPANE's trade show and he/she has proctored exam.

Gabby with examinees! No way! We all are educated people; the only thing I would say, and at beginning, is remain calm, maybe use process of elimination for multiple choice questions. I would assure all that there is no way a proctor has access to correct answers as tests are corrected at headquarters. The proctor monitors a clock; it's a two hour max.

September's PPANE convention is usually the first of the travel plans of the new PPA President.

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.