IPC Critiques?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPC Critiques?

Hybrid View

Default IPC Critiques?

I have seen that some of my associates have already seen their critiques from IPC this year, but I have not seen hot to access mine. I paid extra for the critique, and I am VERY anxious to hear what the judges might have had to say. Are they not all up yet?
    Sarah

Default Re: IPC Critiques?

Click on "My PPA" (upper left hand corner) and look under "My PPA Information". That is where your critique will show up. I am surprised to get mine so early, that is with as many entries that IPC had.

If yours is not there right now, it will be there soon. Just check back often. One day it will not be there and the next day it will appear! You will not get an email. Mine showed up about the same time my merit was added.
    Missy
    website~Melissa E. Wertz Photography
    blog~Images by "Missy"

And one day I will combined them on a splash page making it really simple. :-)

Does any one know how long it will be before all the critiques are posted? I still don't have mine, and my merits were posted a week or so ago.

I STILL have not seen mine. *sigh*
    Sarah

The posting of your merits have nothing to do with the critiques being completed. After the judging is completed, the staff people at PPA headquarters post the merits to the members accounts. The critiques that were missed (due to a computer glitch) will be completed after PPA gets judges to do them. The PPA headquarters staff cannot do the critiques - only the PPA approved jurors who were present at the judging can do the critiques, and they have returned home to their businesses, and most of the jurors are very busy. The PEC will get the critiques done, just give them some time to get the jurors to do them.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 09-25-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Now I'm really confused. When I called to ask about this I was told that the critiques had been done/recorded, but that there was a glitch in the system and they were somewhere out there in PPA cyberspace. I called last week and asked specifically if they had been done, or needed to be done and the woman said "oh no, they've been done we just have to set up the links and send them out to you. It should all be done by sometime next week" From what I'm reading here is sounds like each of these lost images needs to go before the eyes of a panel of judges again. Is that true? Because if so that could take months. If they truly have not been critiqued PPA needs to tell us so, because I've been told more than once that "they will be sent out in about a week" and it's been several weeks so I don't know what to believe now.

I am not an official PPA representative, so I don't know what is going on in the PPA offices. I just work at the judging every year (for each of the last 18 years), so I was just trying to explain to you what happened there. All of the images have been judged and scored, so none of the images need to go before a judging panel again.There was a computer glitch that did not flag all of the entries that had critiques requested. A bunch of images did not get flagged as needing critiques, so the jurors did not know that these images needed critiques, so they were not critiqued by a juror at the judging. The jurors worked late every night - judging from 8AM until 6PM every evening and then sitting in the Mac lab dictating critiques until 10 or 12 every night. At the end of the week, all indications were that everything was complete. After a long week of work, the jurors left for home and we packed everything up. Then later, it was discovered that there was a computer glitch that prevented some of the images from being flagged as critique requested images. I have heard that the PEC was making arrangements to get these images critiqued. I don't know if the PEC members (who are all approved jurors) were going to do the critiques themselves, or if they were going to send the files to other jurors to critique, but it takes a long time to critique all those images, so just give them some time - they may be completed, or some still may be pending - I do not have immediate access to information about the progress of those missing critiques - only the PEC does - but don't worry, you will get your critique - the PEC is a very dedicated, hard working group of individuals. Also - when you request a critique, it is not performed by a panel of jurors, it is done by just one of the jurors after the image has been through the entire judging process. Once the critiques are recorded by the juror, one of the PPA staff IT people has to link that critique to the member.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 09-26-2012 at 06:03 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Thank you so much. That is the kind of information I needed to hear. Every time I call PPA I get a different story so it's hard to believe anything I hear. This was my first year for competition- 2 merits out of 4 so I am very happy, but since I don't know how everything works I am excited that the concept of a critique exists so I can learn and improve.

I received an email weeks ago saying mine were in the group that missed critique due to the computer glitch. A date was provided of when that critique would be done and I don't have that date at hand but that date has long passed. I am disappointed that I still have not heard from PEC.

I find it weird that I paid for a critique but I have not received ANY of the emails that other people have mentioned receiving. My critiques are not showing in My PPA, I've been waiting patiently, but a bit worried at the no contact.
    Christine Walsh-Newton, M. Photog., Cr., CPP
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog