Need help deciding between two images

Hybrid View

Default Need help deciding between two images

I have two images that I am trying to decide between for SWPPA this week. Which do you think is stronger for competition? I have not really worked with them much yet since I'd like to put my effort into one rather than both. Thanks so much!

(Whoa the color looks terrible on this post - it looks fine in my Photoshop)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adjohnson; 09-12-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Tried uploading image again

Default Re: Need help deciding between two images

For me, the one in the black shirt.
    Missy
    website~Melissa E. Wertz Photography
    blog~Images by "Missy"

And one day I will combined them on a splash page making it really simple. :-)

I agree. the one with the black shirt. There is an shadow on the boys face from the cello (I think it is a cello) in the first shot that i'm not so into. But they are very nice shots. Great lighting!
    Dillan Stockham
    760-519-3214
    Stockham Media
    info@StockhamMedia.com
    www.StockhamMedia.com

You are losing the detail in the black on the shirt, and it needs more contrast. When you bump the contrast up that will block the blacks up even more. The first one needs that shadow on his face removed, and the highlight on the instrument toned down. It competes with his face for attention. Maybe a judge will pop in to give you better advice.

In reference to shirt detail something worthwhile to keep in mind: As a general guideline, using "Info" in PS try to keep your black point from dropping below 15 and try to keep your white point at 240 to 245 max.
    Billy Walker
    Billy Walker Photography
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    "Let's Go Racin' Boy's"