"self-assignments" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: "self-assignments"

Thanks Vance. I just have one mandatory to add to my submission then it will be complete. Nice to know I can grab a model if I need to.
    Missy
    website~Melissa E. Wertz Photography
    blog~Images by "Missy"

And one day I will combined them on a splash page making it really simple. :-)

2. Default Re: "self-assignments"

Just to clarify: I get that one model may be used for all compulsories. Can the same person be used for both a client and a compulsory? Not the same image, but two photos from the same session.

Now, for a guess at the psychology of the judging: Are submissions of 15 different models looked upon more favorably than using one person for multiple images? Officially, of course not, but realistically is there a feeling of "geez, the guy couldn't get more than X people to sit for him?"

Default Re: "self-assignments"

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff_Addy View Post
    Now, for a guess at the psychology of the judging: Are submissions of 15 different models looked upon more favorably than using one person for multiple images? Officially, of course not, but realistically is there a feeling of "geez, the guy couldn't get more than X people to sit for him?"
    That's why I said to just shoot one of the compulsory images in each of your next client sessions and forget getting a model.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 09-08-2012 at 03:16 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman