Question about Registration for IMAGING

Default Question about Registration for IMAGING

I just booked my flight and hotel to attend part of IMAGING this year, and am looking forward to it.

However, I have some questions about registering for the convention:

I have read that attendance to the full conference earns one merit - I am curious as to exactly what this entails? I can not attend every day of the conference as I have to return home to attend to other obligations.... so, if I pay for the full registration ($129) but am only able to go to parts of the convention, will I still be eligible to earn the merit?

Also, where will images that merited at IPC be hung? Will the general public have access to see these (i.e. can my husband come along and view?) or will you have to have a pass (i.e. either full registration or EXPO registration - and which one?)

Sorry for all of the questions - but this will be my first time attending!

Thanks in advance for some answers!

Best,
    Melissa

Default Re: Question about Registration for IMAGING

Once you register for the convention, you will receive your merit for attending. There is no one keeping track of how many days or how many hours you attend.

From the preliminary layout that I've seen, the photographic exhibit will be set up in the front of and off to the side of the Trade Show/Expo - similar to the layout that was used last year at the New Orleans convention. You can enter the Expo from main entrance way or from the exhibit area. Many people hang out or meet friends in the exhibit area while waiting for the Expo to open since the exhibit is open for longer hours than the Expo. You will need some kind of pass to get into the print exhibit, either a full convention badge or an Expo only badge - either one will gain you access. The reason for this is that it is set up in an area of the convention center that can be secured after hours since we do not want any prints stolen or any of the digital monitors or the computers that we will be using to show the digital exhibit to just walk away, and since you can walk from the Expo into the exhibit and vice versa, security must have some way of knowing that you have been granted access.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 08-24-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Default Re: Question about Registration for IMAGING

Thanks so much Rick! Fabulous information as always.... sounds like I can just get my husband a pass to the EXPO then in addition to my full pass, which saves me some money - thank you!

Much appreciated!!