Judging Videos - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Judging Videos

Default Re: Judging Videos

I ordered a cc. Have not gotten it yet either, but I didn't expect it right away.
    Missy
    website~Melissa E. Wertz Photography
    blog~Images by "Missy"

And one day I will combined them on a splash page making it really simple. :-)

yep, my videos aren't there yet either - glad it's not just me though!

I'm waiting too. My email said click the link on ppa.com under my-info. There is a link there to the results, but not to the critques. So I guess it's time to wait some more!

From IPC's facebook page:

Waiting for a critique from IPC? Here is what I know at this point.
    With new technology comes great advantages but not without a hiccup or two. When you register your case and order a critique it gets a code to sort it from those not getting critiqued. Somewhere along the line there was some sort of glitch and a small group got separated from the rest. DO NOT FEAR they are all accounted for and you WILL get your critique. (fyi - Mine is in that group too.) Everything is being done to get them finished up and out. This may not be a speedy process. I am not a programmer or IT guy so I can not give a time frame. Not sure they can give one yet either. Please rest assured tho that you will get what you ordered, I just can not say when. If I get more information I will be sure to pass it along.
    Please keep in mind that up until a couple of years ago it took at least 3-4 months for critiques to be mailed out via snail mail.
    We all wish this had not happened, but everything that can be done is being done to get them out to the members as quickly as possible. Thank you for you patience.

I got an email last night that said do to an error 250 images were omitted from the judging, mine were included. They are working to get these images judged, but not sure when they will be up. . I was kind of relaying on that to make a decision on a reshoot for Regionals. Darn it all.

Thanks for the update Brekke.

"They also serve......"

Quote Originally Posted by brekke_felt View Post
    I got an email last night that said do to an error 250 images were omitted from the judging, mine were included. They are working to get these images judged, but not sure when they will be up. . I was kind of relaying on that to make a decision on a reshoot for Regionals. Darn it all.
    Brekke,
    Post a thread here, and I will try to CC it for you.

Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Quote Originally Posted by brekke_felt View Post
    All of the images submitted to the IPC were judged. There were 250 images that were not critiqued due to a computer problem that did not flag those images as requiring critiques. The jurors worked late into the evening to get all of the critiques done at the IPC, but these were not flagged as needing them. The PEC is working on getting the judges to critique them right now.

If your image is not listed in the official results list, it is because the image wase not accepted. Only the accepted images are listed. Your entries "In the Mission Field" and "Powerless Against the System" were accepted for the General Exhibit - so if you sent in a full case of 4 entries, the other two were not accepted.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 09-04-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

My mistake. I meant they were omitted from critique. I wanted to do a possible reshoot of the one for SWPPA based on the critique but I won't get it in time it looks like.

One of my four videos is a repeat of another. It has the correct title but the critique of a different image. Can anyone tell me how to get the correct critique? Thanks!