They are UP!!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: They are UP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    The revised results report including the Showcase Book (GB) are now posted on line
    http://www.ppa.com/pdfs/2012_ipc_results.pdf
    Rick, forgive my lack of knowledge, what is the showcase book?

oh Stan- just noticed your name on the list- you should go check- of the General merits- several hundred(?) are selected for the Showcase Book- so you have the Loan Collection Book and the Showcase. Not sure if there are any other bennies for getting selected GB (Showcase) besides bragging rights
    Erin L. Clark, CPP
    E-n-E Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_Lawrence View Post
    Rick, forgive my lack of knowledge, what is the showcase book?
    Stan,

The Showcase Album is a special collection of only 175 images selected from the PPA General Collection. It is also referred to as the "General Book". The way the Showcase Album images are selected is that each juror receives a packet of 6 "chips". Each "chip" represents one selection for the General Book. During the Loan Collection judging, when a juror finds an image that they just fall in love with, if the image is not selected for the Loan Collection, the juror can give up one of his or her "chips" and place that image into the "General Book / Showcase Album". Usually, the selections are those that a juror wanted in the Loan Collection, fought for, and could not convince enough of his or her fellow jurors to go along with him for the Loan Collection. So this is kind of like a "Juror's Choice" Award, so it's actually a special honor since each juror only receives 6 selections, and we were told that only 175 images were going to be included in the Book this year - so we gave each juror only 6 chips each this year. The Showcase Album images do not receive an extra merit like the Loan Collection images do, but each selected image will be featured as a FULL PAGE print in the Showcase Album.

So Stan, you better plan to order a couple copies of the PPA Showcase Album this year because "Dublin Harbor" was selected for the General Book.
    Congratulations ! That makes a nice way to get your last images needed for your Masters - getting a Showcase Book image too !!!
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Awesome to Stan!! Way to Get There!
    Cathy Broderick, CPP, Choco-holic

Thanks for that great description for the Showcase Book, Rick. One of my wedding images made it and now I am even more excited since you explained it so well!

Congrats to everyone who merited, went loan and selected to be in the Showcase Book!
    Missy
    website~Melissa E. Wertz Photography
    blog~Images by "Missy"

And one day I will combined them on a splash page making it really simple. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    Stan,

So Stan, you better plan to order a couple copies of the PPA Showcase Album this year because "Dublin Harbor" was selected for the General Book.
    Congratulations ! That makes a nice way to get your last images needed for your Masters - getting a Showcase Book image too !!!
    Rick, thanks for the explanation... had no idea.... funny thing, that image was my throw in.... couldn't find a 4th, and I really liked that image, so I filled out the case... so, yes, I'll be ordering a couple of them.... thanks again.

Way to go Stan!!!

Rick, thank you for that great explanation! PPA needs to copy and paste that somewhere (maybe a link next to the link for the results page) for people to read. This was my first year submitting, so I had no clue. All I knew was that I was excited to see one of mine on the list suddenly have a "GS" beside it, but after reading your explanation I'm even more excited about it!
    Tracy, CPP
    Recording Secretary, VPPA State Board of Directors
    2015 VPPA Convention Chairman
    VPPA Tidewater District Treasurer

Rick, that is a super explanation of the Showcase Book. I'm going to copy and paste it to another competition forum. I hope that's OK. Could you explain how the Loan prints are accepted into the Collection? Is it by majority vote or how does it work? Thanks!

Lee, after images are accepted into the Merit category the are presented to another panel and voted on for Loan. It is a majority vote but the panels are larger. Up to 11. All Loan prints are put into the Loan Collection Book and the maker receives a second Merit for Loan. I know I am not Rick but he does live in LA and is most likely dealing with the hurricane.
    Sarah L. Johnston, M. Photog. Cr., CPP, F-PPANI, PPA Juror

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops,
    PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!