4th Submission
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4th Submission

Default 4th Submission

Well tomorrow is my 4th submission- not sure what I'm going to do- never heard from the judge for my critique, I tried e-mailing her but never got a response :-( I was told my images were "archived" and that just maybe I.T. could pull them. I really wish I knew what images didn't pass, compulsory or remaining portfolio? I guess I will just have to take a stab and change up what I think may have not passed. The process seems like it may need a little streamlining. The uploads are tricky (I had a double image upload last time-not sure if this was why I didn't pass or not). After my 2nd submission didn't passed I received the "gold tube" in the mail that they did pass but I already knew they hadn't. I am just feeling a little down right now but I'm not giving up. I don't have a lot of resources in my rural area so I have depended a lot on the internet for feedback/networking. I started out this journey on the "certify with Sandy" site but that too has fizzled out. I wonder if they every reached the 1000 goal, does anyone know?

Time for bed, been up pouring through my images again and honestly feel I've chosen the best of the best and if there not good enough.......well then there not good enough and I will continue to grow and improve my portfolio until they are good enough.

Good night and good luck to all the submitters tomorrow!

Robin

Default Re: 4th Submission

Best of luck to you. It does sound like there are some problems with the submission process. I'm sure that only adds to the frustration. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Amy Hall

Quote Originally Posted by yoopergal78 View Post
    After my 2nd submission didn't passed I received the "gold tube" in the mail that they did pass but I already knew they hadn't. I am just feeling a little down right now but I'm not giving up.
    That's kinda confusing - If you received your "gold tube" with your CPP certificate - that means you passed... If you received your certificate why would you think that your images didn't pass???
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by yoopergal78 View Post
    After my 2nd submission didn't passed I received the "gold tube" in the mail that they did pass but I already knew they hadn't.

Robin
    Did you receive a certificate?
    Vance Wagener, CPP Liaison

Thanks Amy,

It was an error Vance & Rick. Yes, there was a certificate and pin and the whole nine yards. I had already received the letter prior to that saying I didn't pass so I called to verify and was told it was an error. Thanks for your replies.

So sorry to hear that, Nancy. If you want, you can email me your submissions to take a look at... I am pretty free today since it's August in Italy (so NOTHING is going on!)
    stephaniemillner {at} gmail {dot} com
    STEFF (not StePH)

Stephanie Millner Cr.Photog., CPP

main site | destination pets | blog | facebook | fan page

Ah, to live like the Italians... with extremely little to do.
    12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

Thanks so much I appreciate that. I am in the process of uploading the new set for submission but if you could critique my last submission I would be very greatful.

www.tlcstudio.com/Compulsory

www.tlcstudio.com/CPP_9port

They are just folders and not galleries.

Thanks again,

Robin

Ok, I think you may not have passed due to your compulsory images. Your low key and your high key... aren't. They're both mixed-key images which will automatically fail your entire submission. Also, the rule-of-thirds image... pull that. Judging by your other work, you have better images to use. Finally, make sure you have separation between your subject and background... many of these are BARELY separating, if at all. Brighten (aka, use) your kicker light.
    STEFF (not StePH)

Stephanie Millner Cr.Photog., CPP

main site | destination pets | blog | facebook | fan page

Ah, to live like the Italians... with extremely little to do.
    12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

I changed my high key but I have been told twice that my low key is a good image- How are the keys mixed on my low key? I used the same rule of thirds- any suggestions why that one is not a good rule of thirds? I appreciate the feedback just need a little more details. I think I am able to change an image up until the cutoff today- correct or not correct? Thanks- Robin

Can I just say that I adore image #9? That is seriously way too cute.

Stephanie gave you good feedback. I agree, especially regarding the high key image.
    Amy Hall