Are they posted yet ????????????? - Page 16
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Default Re: Are they posted yet ?????????????

I'm confused by the phone calls? Who did they call?
    Amy Feick CPP

quick easy question from a first timer... I know if an image had a seal from districts it automatically gets a merit at IPC. Does it also automatically become accepted to the General Collection or does it have to be "selected" to be there? (I know a loan print must be selected)

Kerri, a sealed image automatically goes into the general collection.
    Amy, I'm thinking the first time recipiants got a phone call.
    Karen Walker, Cr. Photog., CPP, ACE

ah, thank you!
    ps- great job Karen!
    Amy Feick CPP

I got a phone call as it was my first time having a print go loan (had two generals last year)....a friend of mine had three accepted to general this year, her first time entering... and she got a call as well. So I'm guessing calls were placed for any "firsts"?

I got a phone call because I earned my first two merits! I got 3 78s at regionals and was given the advice that Master Artist was really tough last spring in Athens, GA. I should know I sat and watched them judge the category, really brutal. But, I was told to send them on to IPC because the 78s might get Merits... and 2 did! I will be interested in what my critique says about the 2 that did not merit.

Davison, I was a volunteer last year and the year before. I was not able to be there this year. I really was hoping to but had just moved and had to be home for repair people. Do you know if any others from GTC entered or merited? I sure hope so. You get free entry with your second year as a PPA member. There is nothing to loose! Hey, tell Ashley I said HI!!

I was told that the reason for the phone call was because it was my first time entering. It was a nice surprise. I was really surprised at how fast the results were posted! Way to go IT people!

Haha. I definitely will. I don't think anyone from GTC actually entered the contest from the past which is a shame cause I know of a few images, both in the illustrative category and portraiture, that would have probably done very well! I already have gotten some idea's myself to possibly enter some stuff next year. Definitely gave me some incentive for sure!

Nothing that was used in school can be submitted. That was part of my problem. All my best images were in my portfolio. I was going through my hard drives at the last minute to see what I could work up and put through. They were all submitted right before the deadline.

I think I stopped breathing when I got my phone call..first time entering and I got a General and a Loan! I can hardly believe it!!

Not really sure where to go from here, would like to brag on my website and FB page, but don't really know how to personalize the press release PDA.....any tips? What do you all do with this info?
    Congrats to all those who merited!