Are they posted yet ????????????? - Page 17
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Default Re: Are they posted yet ?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by lmkolb View Post
    Nothing that was used in school can be submitted. That was part of my problem. All my best images were in my portfolio. I was going through my hard drives at the last minute to see what I could work up and put through. They were all submitted right before the deadline.
    I wouldn't be submitting anything from school. Cause a lot of that stuff is BLAH. I have personal projects that will be coming up in the next few months that I can submitt

This is my first time entering PPA. My whole case merited and one went loan. I'm still in shock and did not expect to do so well. I had 3 merit at SEPPA and sent those seals on to PPA. The third one I had over edited so I reworked it and sent it and it earned my fourth merit.

The PPA gentlemen that called stated that the loan image will be considered for further awards. Does this mean that I should still not share the image? Also do you know when they will make those decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Tss1203 View Post
    I'm confused by the phone calls? Who did they call?
    They called the first time entrants who had images accepted to congratulate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Davison_Wheeler View Post
    Haha. I definitely will. I don't think anyone from GTC actually entered the contest from the past which is a shame cause I know of a few images, both in the illustrative category and portraiture, that would have probably done very well! I already have gotten some idea's myself to possibly enter some stuff next year. Definitely gave me some incentive for sure!
    Hey, the students have some really nice stuff hanging on the walls at GTC.

Quote Originally Posted by heislerd View Post
    The PPA gentlemen that called stated that the loan image will be considered for further awards. Does this mean that I should still not share the image? Also do you know when they will make those decisions?
    All of the images that were accepted for the Loan Collection will be evaluated by a panel of jurors for the Grand Imaging Awards in each category - last year the winners recieved a very nice trophy (glass) and a check !!!
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 08-20-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman