Which hotel?

Thread: Which hotel?

Default Which hotel?

Hi all,
    I'm gonna do my dangdest to get to Imaging in 2013. Does anyone know what the closest hotel to imaging would be? I'd like to go ahead and reserve my room.

Thanks!
    Marie

Default Re: Which hotel?

The headquarter hotel will be the closest. The Omni is connected to the convention center. If this is your first Imaging, the extra money will be well worth it to get the full experience.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Thanks Michael!
    Do you know the exact dates for the convention? I do know the pre convention classes start on the 17th and goes through the 19th. So I would guess the actual convention starts on the 20th?
    Thanks,
    Marie

OOps, just found the answer to my question...20th-22nd. Thanks!

I have a double room at the Farifield Inn & Suites--maybe 5 or 6 blocks from convention center. Got a great rate that includes breakfast--looking for a female room mate.
    Tara C. Patty

Marie,

Did you get a room at the Omni? From what I'm reading...I guess that's where the Imaging 2013 is?

Samantha

No, Fairfield Inn, about 6 blocks away--but much cheaper and just got a roomie last week.
    Imaging is at the Georgia Convention Center near the Omni, that's why that was one of the official hotels.
    Tara C. Patty

All of the activities will be in both the Omni and the convention center. And the Aquarium is really close by. Staying at the Omni will be a real treat.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha_Larkin View Post
    Marie,

Did you get a room at the Omni? From what I'm reading...I guess that's where the Imaging 2013 is?

Samantha
    Hi Samantha,
    Yes, I'll be at the Omni. Really looking forward to it for sure.

Default Fairfield Inn on Peachtree

I would love the Omni, but that is big bucks and i am a bit of a cheapskate with hotel rooms.
    I made refundable reservations at the Fairfield Inn on peach street a while back, but still looking for a cheaper deal as always. The neighborhood is not the best from what I have read, but looks to be just about a 15 minute walk (.7 mile) to the convention center, which is just about the same distance i usually end up with for my IUSA hotels. They don't list having a shuttle service, but I read in one of the reviews that they did have one. The problem with shuttles if they do have one,is that they don't usually leave early enough for morning classes. The hotel is right along the Marta route also
    Here is the Tripadviser review page for this hotel.

I am still not sure this is where I will end up, but they had a decent rate if you book 7 days.

Last edited by Ed_Sharp; 10-21-2012 at 06:55 PM.