IPC Sit In

Thread: IPC Sit In

Hybrid View

Default IPC Sit In

I wanted to sit in on a couple days of IPC judging this year. Can anyone give me some more info? I know the location and dates, but need to know what time.

Default Re: IPC Sit In

I'll give all the information just in case someone else may be interested and not have all the info:
    The IPC judging will run from August 12-15 at the Gwinnett Technical Colleege in Lawrenceville GA (just NE of Atlanta) in the Graphic Arts and Photography building.
    There is a meeting every morning at 8 AM when the judges are given their room assignments. Judging starts usually right after that and runs until around 5 or 6 PM (depending on logistics and how things are running) with an hour break for lunch. Judging usually gets started a little bit later on Sunday morning since there is a bit of orientation. Judging usually wraps up sometime in the middle of the day on Wednesday. The judges workshop usually starts around noon on Sunday to provide time for those who are flying in on Sunday morning flights to get to the school. The judging class ends on Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon is usually final check and pack-up time when all the images are checked and packed and loaded into the shipping crates for storage and their trip to the convention in January.

Look me up when you get there and I'll give you the quick tour so you'll know what's going on and where.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 07-24-2012 at 01:33 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Rick, Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised at how hard it is to find info regarding this topic. We plan on making the trip on Sunday. BTW, were you one of the judges at PPMA in Biloxi, MS this past June?

Quote Originally Posted by n2xposures View Post
    Rick, Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised at how hard it is to find info regarding this topic. We plan on making the trip on Sunday. BTW, were you one of the judges at PPMA in Biloxi, MS this past June?
    Are you Scott?
    Missy
    website~Melissa E. Wertz Photography
    blog~Images by "Missy"

And one day I will combined them on a splash page making it really simple. :-)

Yes. I was one of the judges at PPMA.

I felt like we had a very good group of Judges this year and just wanted say thank you for being a part of it.

I can't say much for myself, but you would be hard pressed to find a better group than the other four judges. Kathy Meek is the current President of the American Society of Photographers. Her husband, Gary Meek was a previous member of the PPA Board of Directors. Bob Cleere has been a national juror for many years and you would be very hard pressed to find anyone with as many print merits or Loan Collection images as ASP Fellow Dave Swoboda. Four very very fine top notch judges.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 07-25-2012 at 08:21 PM.