Are they not doing Buddy Passes this year?

Hybrid View

Default Are they not doing Buddy Passes this year?

I thought the buddy pass was basically a buy 1/get 1 kind of deal for registering? I just went to the registration screen and it says the following.....

Single Full-Convention Registration (PPA Members) $129

Member + 1
    (Single full-convention registration, plus one full-convention registration for a guest.) $219

Does that mean they aren't doing the Buddy Passes this year, or is that feature just not open yet?
    Tracy, CPP
    Recording Secretary, VPPA State Board of Directors
    2015 VPPA Convention Chairman
    VPPA Tidewater District Treasurer

Default Re: Are they not doing Buddy Passes this year?

Wouldn't "member+1" be the same as a buddy pass?
    The way I read it was that it gave the option of a single person being able to register without having find someone to split the cost and just pay $129.
    If you split the cost and do the +1 (buddy pass) you can save a little cash per person, with a cost of 109.50 each.

I suppose that could very well be what everyone refers to as the "buddy pass," but in previous years I thought the "buddy pass" was basically a free pass for the buddy of someone who registered. The cost was the same for one person to go as it was for that one person and their "buddy" to attend. Of course I'm the person who has been promising everyone that I would try to make it to Imaging "next year" for about 7 years now, so I haven't yet actually registered for one of these and wouldn't know how previous years worked LOL!
    Tracy, CPP

yep, it looks like they added the option to buy just one ticket this year as well as the buddy pass option. I think it's a good idea :0)
    Amy Feick CPP

If I remember right, the Buddy Pass cost about $220 - so Member +1 is the same thing as a Buddy Pass - they may have just changed the name...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

... but it did ruin that great outreach program for others to buddy up with you - a good way to meet people and network...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    ... but it did ruin that great outreach program for others to buddy up with you - a good way to meet people and network...
    True. Though I have no clue how much registration cost before they offered the single person registration option.

I also saw an option to pay for a year's membership AND attend Imaging. It was called the "Join & Go," which sounds kinda like a newly joining member thing. But the person registering would end up getting their registration for free with their paid membership (since both membership and the "Join & Go" cost $323). Pretty great incentive to bring in new members.
    Tracy, CPP

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_McGee View Post
    True. Though I have no clue how much registration cost before they offered the single person registration option.
    The buddy pass option has been $219 for the last few years. We are not losing that option or paying any more for a buddy pass/+1, just gaining the ability to purchase a single registration.

They still have the join and go option too.
    http://imagingusa.org/registration/

I have done the buddy pass thing the last 3 or 4 years and have never actually met any of my buddies in person. For me It will be worth it for me to do the single registration so I have one less detail to worry about when making plans.
    Last edited by Ed_Sharp; 07-24-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_McGee View Post

I also saw an option to pay for a year's membership AND attend Imaging. It was called the "Join & Go," which sounds kinda like a newly joining member thing. But the person registering would end up getting their registration for free with their paid membership (since both membership and the "Join & Go" cost $323). Pretty great incentive to bring in new members.
    That's how I attended the ImagingUSA 2011. Joined and got to go for free.

So glad there's a single option this year! One less thing to worry about!