anyone else having trouble getting registered for IPC?

Hybrid View

Default anyone else having trouble getting registered for IPC?

I keep trying to get entered. I can get my credit card info in and hit "purchase" and that's as far as it will go. Just keep getting the "connecting" icon. Twice I've gotten a message that I've entered invalid characters...not sure how I can be doing that when I'm only entering credit card numbers.

I'm getting really frustrated.
    Christine Walsh-Newton, M. Photog., Cr., CPP
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

Default Re: anyone else having trouble getting registered for IPC?

Nevermind - finally went through - just must be incredibly slow given the date.
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

lol, I registered at 3 today, then spent another 4 hours deciding on titles for 2 images ;0)
    Amy Feick CPP

Quote Originally Posted by Tss1203 View Post
    lol, I registered at 3 today, then spent another 4 hours deciding on titles for 2 images ;0)
    I can so relate. Although this year I didn't spend quite as long deciding titles as I have in the past.
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

ugh, I felt like a total loser this year. I can't believe how long it took me to decide on images, etc. This is year 3 for me, and the past two I might've waited and had to do a late registration, but I've never been working images still the final day! And I had to do digital on two images, which I didn't want to do.

Next year I'll be better, I swear.......
    Amy Feick CPP

Quote Originally Posted by Tss1203 View Post
    ugh, I felt like a total loser this year. I can't believe how long it took me to decide on images, etc. This is year 3 for me, and the past two I might've waited and had to do a late registration, but I've never been working images still the final day! And I had to do digital on two images, which I didn't want to do.

Next year I'll be better, I swear.......
    Me too! Year #3, late registration, didn't decide on 4th print until the deadline day and had to send 2 in as digital. What a mess. Yep, next year I'll get my act in gear better.
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

50 minutes and counting since I pressed "purchase".

Maybe it's time to purchase adequate processing power. There can't be THAT much volume.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

I posted this on another thread and it may be no help, but sometimes a purchase goes through and the web page gets hung up and does not reflect that. I don't know if that is the case here, but just make sure to check your inbox for the two emails they send after your payment is accepted. One is a payment confirmation, the other is instructions for uploading.
    It may be worth it to log into your myppa account and follow the steps below to see if you get the upload window. It may be a long shot but worth a try.

Thank you for your registration in International Print Competition. Below you will find instructions on uploading your competition images to PPA.com.
    1. Log in to PPA.com
    2. Upon login, you will be redirected to your My PPA page. If not, please click on the My PPA link in the main menu of the site.
    3. Under "My PPA Information" click "District Photographic Competition" or "2012
      Master Artist Competition". This will take you to the upload area where you can upload each of your entries.
    4. Once you have finished uploading all images, click the confirmation button at the bottom of the page. This will finalize your entry and you will be able to print labels if you have print entries.

And a big thank you to Nan at PPA for helping me get through the registration issues I had.

I vow to be early next year.

-Kevin Jones