Critique after the fact?

Question Critique after the fact?

When I signed up for IPC (my first), I paid $35.00 extra for some sort of critique. When I did it, before the time extention it was at the last minute, and I didn't take the time to get the details on the critique feature.

Can someone tell me what to expect?

Ray

Default Re: Critique after the fact?

After your images are judged, one of the jurors will sit down in front of a Mac and pull up your images - if you have sent in prints, the prints will be there for them to look at. One or more of the jurors will critique your images and tell you why they did well or why they feel that they did not do well, and give you some pointers as to what you could do to improve them. If they were not accepted, they will tell you what you can do to improve them so that they might have a better chance of being accepted. If they were accepted for the General Collection, they will often tell you what you could do to get them to go up into the Loan Collection. If your image was accepted into the Loan Collection. often all you will get is a congratulations, but sometimes they will tell you some little insights that will help you to make them Grand Imaging Award winners. After the judging is over, you will receive an email from PPA with the link to access and download your critique file. It's well worth the small extra fee.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 07-16-2012 at 03:28 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

That sounds great. I'm glad I opted in.

Thank you for your quick response.

I think that the critique is invaluable. I had a friend share her critiques before I entered last year and just watching others was helpful. Then I got my critiques back last year. I only merited one print, and that was the seal I got an SWPPA. Using the critiques got me looking at my work differently, and this year at SWPPA I sealed two images. Hearing the feedback, especially where you can improve, is so invaluable. The $35 is very much worth the pricetag.