I skrewed up :(

Thread: I skrewed up :(

Default I skrewed up :(

Well, with everything that has happened in the last month or so, I wasn't going to submit images to IPC. However, the time limit was extended so I went ahead and jumped at it. Looking back/thinking back to the images that were submitted, I can see things that I should have done prior to submission, and I'm thinking that one of the images should have not been entered at all! Just regretting my submissions I guess, and its eating at me...

Default Re: I skrewed up :(

Marie,
    Welcome to the club!
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

We all over think our entries now. Now's the time we start second guessing ourselves like crazy. All you can do now is sit back and relax and wait for the judging and see how it all pans out.

I broke two seals this year. I keep asking myself if that was a smart thing to do or incredibly dumb. Only time will tell.
    Joe Campanellie
    CPP, M.Photog., Cr., Fellow-ASP

www.campanellies.com

Thanks, Jeff, yep, now I see. I totally get it now.

Thanks, Joe! Well, I have no fears, if anyone could break a case and get away with it, its you and a few others.

Marie, This is my first time to enter IPC too. I read the rules over and over. I asked Rick several questions too. However, picking the images is the hardest part. I know it all is a learning process to improve our skills. Gee, waiting is so hard and we start to second guess our print choices. I keep telling myself, if I don't do well, there is next year. LOL !
    Mike Watson CR.Photo., CPP

Mike, I agree with you 100%!!! Picking those images was brutal! At some point, I just had to tell myself-"step away from the computer". Sometimes I feel like I defeat my own self! LOL!

Yep, I'm guessing I'll have to wait for next year. But, at least it will be a fresh start! LOL! Had thought about taking a trip to Atlanta to watch the judging, but would be so afraid, I may just vom!

You never stop second guessing the ones that you send in. Everybody does the same thing. I felt the same way about an image of a dog that I sent in several years ago - I thought it was going to bomb out - but the print went Loan. We're always the worst critics of our own work - and that's a good thing ! Hang in there, you might be pleasantly surprised...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Marie_M View Post
    Mike, I agree with you 100%!!! Picking those images was brutal! At some point, I just had to tell myself-"step away from the computer". Sometimes I feel like I defeat my own self! LOL!

Yep, I'm guessing I'll have to wait for next year. But, at least it will be a fresh start! LOL! Had thought about taking a trip to Atlanta to watch the judging, but would be so afraid, I may just vom!
    If you have a chance to got to Atlanta to see the judging do it!! It is three days long, and it might be the single biggest stride you can make in improving your photography. Hours and hours of comments about image, from people who really know their stuff...well except for one guy from NH, but that is another story! If I had lived near atlanta, I would have been all over going to see the judging.

Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Picking my images always sends me into tears a couple of times, then once they are in, I'll cry again because I'm sure they weren't the right ones, weren't good enough, they may kick me out of the PPA because of my submissions.... it never ends. This is where we grow.