More help with IPC- Which way should this photo face?

Default More help with IPC- Which way should this photo face?

O.K. I'm embarrassed to ask about yet another photo, but here it goes. What do you all think of this photo? I can't tell which way it needs to face. Should it be the way it is with the horse facing left like in a portrait or since the eye moves from left to right should the horse be moving to the right?
    Also, should I be worried that I posted all of these photos without a watermark? There appears to be no way to take them down once posted. Will they come up on an internet engine search or is it safe because a login is required?
    Thank you all so much for all of your great advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: More help with IPC- Which way should this photo face?

I like the image facing the way it is. It creates nice movement from lower left with the clouds creating a diagonal line to the tree and the tree moving the eye back down to the bottom and the foreground leading back to the horse to complete the triangle.
    I've never worried about watermarking images for forums by that's just me. I'm not sure what type of internet search would bring them up.

I am not a judge of course, but my first instinct is that the horse itself should be facing towards the tree.....not facing the outside of the frame.

I am also not a judge, but I would flip it...right now my eye is watching the horse leave the tree, my eye can't seem to get to the tree, its like the horse is leaving the picture before we get a chance to check it all out....I did a quick flip and I felt my eyes more naturally drawn to the tree, then to the horse leading out and away....but i am no judge

I agree with Dave. The line of the clouds just leads your eye naturally upwards towards the tree then your eye comes back to the horse and around the clouds again back to the tree making a nice path around the image elements. I'd leave it as it is - plus the direction the horse is facing doesn't really bother me at all, in fact, I think I prefer it facing in the direction that it is.

As far as if the images are searchable - I don't know, but I'll send a note to someone see if I can find out. I'll let you know when I know.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 06-29-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

If you flip the image the horse is still looking out of the frame. If the horse itself was flipped within the scene that would have been nice, but the horse is looking out and it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ctruesdell View Post
    Also, should I be worried that I posted all of these photos without a watermark? There appears to be no way to take them down once posted. Will they come up on an internet engine search or is it safe because a login is required?
    I've received some feedback from PPA's IT guru on your question about image searchability.

"I believe that google image search would pick these up unless they are in one of the members only forums where you have to be logged into view the content. If it’s in one of the public boards then it’s fair game for google to pick it up. Also google doesn’t “copy” I per se, they actually pull directly from the site itself. They only cache a smaller version of it."
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

LIke the overall image the way it is. I agree with Dave...flip just the horse. Not a hard move in PS.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

I like it without the horse myself. Think he is to distracting. I am fighting between the horse and the tree.