Why so quiet?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so quiet?

Default Why so quiet?

I'm surprised how quiet this folder has been.... Everybody really has all their images ready to send? I think I must be the only one already knowing I'll be hitting the late registration, lol!

I'm still in desperate need of two more images and have absolutely no idea what to send in.

Anyone else? Am I completely alone?
    Amy Feick CPP

Default Re: Why so quiet?

Amy, I agree with you. This folder have been quiet. I miss the good reading. The posts on here were beneficial in preparing my case for this year, (first time). My case has been sent and is in Atlanta already. So, now I have to be patient and wait. Maybe new posts on how everyone else is doing would help with the waiting.
    Mike Watson CR.Photo., CPP

The folder might be quiet, but emails haven't been - I've gotten a lot of last minute requests for critiques (18 in the last week or so), but they wanted them one on one - some people want critiques but just don't want them in public on the forum.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 06-12-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

interesting. I get wanting private critiques, sometimes I feel I over ask for critiques in this folder. But then, I really like sharing so everyone can learn!
    Amy Feick CPP

I also feel that it's better to do them on the forum so everyone can learn. But I won't refuse help to someone who asks and doesn't want to be publicly reviewed on the forum. Plus, I have a voice recognition program that types what I say, so I just have to dictate the critique, so it doesn't take that much time to do them.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 06-13-2012 at 04:18 AM.

The members may be tired of hearing the same old voices on here giving critiques so they may have slowed or stopped posting - I'm trying to get some "new voices" on here to help out with the critiques. Actually, not really "new" voices since they're all gonna be old hands at competition, but "other" voices whose comments the members can trust.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 06-14-2012 at 09:03 PM.

I need one more image, and I'm struggling deeply at this point. I may have one from a wedding this past weekend, but I'm worried that its going to be a major fence sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Davidson View Post
    I need one more image, and I'm struggling deeply at this point. I may have one from a wedding this past weekend, but I'm worried that its going to be a major fence sitter.
    same here...except I need two more
    Amy Feick CPP

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    The members may be tired of hearing the same old voices on here giving critiques so they may have slowed or stopped posting - I'm trying to get some "new voices" on here to help out with the critiques. Actually, not really "new" voices since they're all gonna be old hands at competition, but "other" voices whose comments the members can trust.
    Additional voices are nice, but I for one, don't get tired of hearing the old voices either. Of course I'm still relatively new to the forum so no one's voices are that old to me.
    Amy Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    The folder might be quiet, but emails haven't been - I've gotten a lot of last minute requests for critiques (18 in the last week or so), but they wanted them one on one - some people want critiques but just don't want them in public on the forum.
    When I get back home (we went to Mobil for a few days) I am going to send you that one photo for any possible changes needed before being sent to IC and maybe a few more that have not been seen by anyone.

Enjoyed meeting you last weekend. Thanks for being a judge. And thanks for the cc's.
    Missy
    website~Melissa E. Wertz Photography
    blog~Images by "Missy"

And one day I will combined them on a splash page making it really simple. :-)