PhotoJourney Workshops - Italy, October 2012
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PhotoJourney Workshops - Italy, October 2012

Hi Guys! Ok, I'm really really really excited to finally share something that's been in the works with all of you.

We have put together the MOST incredible travel photography workshop, called PhotoJourney Workshops. Our first event will take place in ITALY! 5 Nights in Rome, 2 Nights in Tuscany... and ALL accommodations are included.

So, first I'm going to tell you about what's going on with the accommodations. We have a luxurious B'n'B in the heart of Rome - overlooking Piazza del Colosseo (i.e., you get a gorgeous view of the Colosseum right outside!). Breakfast is included every morning. Then, we go to Tuscany (via private luxury coach) to an agriturismo we'll be taking over for the weekend - we will be the only guests, as we've rented out the ENTIRE estate to photograph! There are two nights in the most gorgeous wine country. There are TWO endless Italian dinners and TWO Roman aperitivi (wine tastings) that are included, too! I wish I could describe the food available with all the enthusiasm that would come through in an online post... suffice it to say "enthusiasm" is the second most appropriate word ending in ASM that you'll experience at their restaurants.

What's better? Two Rome tour guides will be taking the group EACH DAY for private tours of the biggest hits. Private tour of the Colosseum & Roman Forum? Yeah, we got that. It's included. Private tour of the Vatican museums and St. Peter's Basilica? Yeah, we got that too! Want to experience some of Rome's best food? You got a private tour with Katie Parla, author of National Geographic's "Walking Rome" who will take you to her favorite eatieres to sample everything from liquors, to chocolates, to pastas, to marinades, to organ meats (she loves her organ meats!) J. Stanton Good, one of Rome's most sought-after guides, will be taking you on a private tour of "Hidden Rome" - the secret places tourists just. can't. get. into. Believe me when I say the best stuff in Rome is the stuff you've never even heard of - the depths of the catacombs, underneath the Trevi Fountain, the Cappuchin Crypt... yeah, you'll see that too.

Something I'm forgetting... something I'm forgetting...

Oh yeah, the PHOTOGRAPHY!

Kim Larson will be with us for the week, teaching crazy cool environmental portraits. She's known for her awesome natural style and sought out for rustic, relaxed, travel-inspired weddings. We'll be working with her hands-on in Rome & Tuscany. Check out her link: http://www.photojourneyworkshops.com...ors/kim_larson

Darton Drake will be teaching his incredible style of location portraiture, and we'll be using all of Rome for models. Environmental portraits are the name of the game with Darton, but... BONUS! He's teaching his incredible post-processing too. We will be working on a special project with Darton to benefit a very deserving Rome charity as well... More on this to come! Here's his link: http://www.photojourneyworkshops.com...s/darton_drake

And the piece de'resistance...

CHRIS MCLENNAN... yes, that's right... National Geographic featured photographer is coming in from New Zealand... THAT guy. Chris McLennan will be doing THREE FULL DAYS - 12 hours a day! - teaching travel photography. This is the ULTIMATE experience. Chris's workshops book up YEARS in advance, and yet we got him to come out to Rome. (Ok, well it helped that he really loves to shoot in Italy!) Chris is one of the most sought out instructors. He's been asked to speak globally, he's sponsored by Canon, and he's... well... he's downright amazing. You have the chance to get one-on-one image critiques, private instruction, and group lessons from Chris - this is a once in a lifetime chance here. See more about Chris here: http://www.photojourneyworkshops.com...chris_mclennan

(And you get me, Stephanie Millner, too. Night photography around Rome and Tuscany. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Want to see my stuff? Click here, then: http://www.photojourneyworkshops.com...anie_millner-2)

Ok, so who's coming?! Due to accommodations and wanting to keep group sizes manageable, we only have room for 23 participants... and already some spots are taken up. A reduced rate for non-photographer travels ("Senza Cameras") is available.

Remember, you get:
    8 days, 7 nights in Italy
    5 nights accommodation in Rome, with breakfast
    2 nights accommodation in Tuscany, with breakfast
    2 gourmet aperitivi
    2 Italian-style dinners
    4 Instructors with classes for 8 straight days!
    4 Private tours
    4 One-on-One image critiques
    2 Group Critiques
    1 Super-secret special project

AND $500 OFF BEFORE MAY 31!!!!!!

This is the ultimate travel photography dream! I hope to see you here in Bella Roma soon, so sign up today. Please call me with any questions, too: +1-703-349-6269 (USA Studio Number) or +39-339-352-4558 (Italy Cell)

www.photojourneyworkshops.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stephanie_Millner; 03-17-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    STEFF (not StePH)

Stephanie Millner Cr.Photog., CPP

main site | destination pets | blog | facebook | fan page

Ah, to live like the Italians... with extremely little to do.
    12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

Default Re: PhotoJourney Workshops - Italy, October 2012

Did I miss the price on this?
    Just a member.

No, go to the website or the facebook page and you'll find it there. You know marketing is all about driving people to your website. Steff's no dummy and photographers need to be marketed to, too.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Price and more info are on the website, but ballpark - it's about half the price of what the accommodations, meals and those tours should cost you for a week in Italy... AND you get Kim, Darton, and Chris (and me!) included! Thank my studio manager, Gloria, for working that crazy low, great price out.
    Last edited by Stephanie_Millner; 03-17-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    STEFF (not StePH)

12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

Sure wish I could be there!

I have to say, I was actually surprised at how low the price is!

Good point, Amy! It's actually crazy affordable because all the staff here at PJW is Italian-speaking, lives here in Italy so we have personal contacts, and because we negotiated contracts with each tour guide, speaker, and B-n-B. We were able to get this at a fraction of the price that it really "should" be if you just added up the accommodations alone! I hope you'll be able to come!
    STEFF (not StePH)

12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

I did a one day tour with Steff this past summer in Rome. She was great!! I cant imagine how cool it must be to have her, plus all those other awesome folks! I see Darton post a new, totally awesome image two or three times a day on FB. I see the stuff Kim shoots, and I jump on a plane two weeks later to shoot were she has been just because it is so cool. The National Geographic guy....never heard of him!

This is a great trip, and if I wasn't already booked for speaking stuff I would consider it. I spent 10k going to Rome this summer, so the price is well worth it.

Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

wow, yall act like it is a secret or something.
    Just a member.

Ok, found it. Not a bad price for looks like.
    Just a member.