How do YOU... Use your CPP Credentials?

Default How do YOU... Use your CPP Credentials?

Hello. I passed my image review over the winter and just received a letter stating I have passed the CPP test. Whew! Apparently a certificate, press release letter and pin are forthcoming in a separate mailing.

I am curious how current CPPs are using their certification to further their business. Do you put it on your FRONT page on your website BIG as all get out? Do you have it on your business card or all your promo pieces? Do you make a point of sharing/displaying this certification at wedding shows? Would love to see some posts, if you have time, as to what you all are doing.

Also... are there dedicated sites or facebook pages for CPPs? Any possibility of the "VIP luxury box" for CPPs at my local sporting events or PPA Expo? THANX!!!

Default Re: How do YOU... Use your CPP Credentials?

I am sending out a press release this morning announcing that I have earned the CPP. I use it in my email signature. It is on the top of my web site home page. All of Facebook land knows I got it. I am sending out a 2 part email blast this morning about the CPP and a Mother's Day promo.

What else can I do? Someone give me some ideas.

Yes I have it on my business cards and all promo pieces. I have a price book I show during the consultation and I have a write-up in it explaining what CPP means to the client and I have the cert on the wall of the office where clients can see it and almost every dad will stop to check it out. It goes on the thank you I send clients. I also include that their are only 2 other CPPs in the area (one being Sarah Petty and the other one is someone that works for Sarah). In short, I use it everywhere I can and yes, I think it does make a difference.
    Roger Williams, CPP
    www.Tranquility-art.com Portrait/Wedding
    www.TAP-Online.net Sports when time allows

I use it in all of my marketing materials (business cards, brochures, website, etc.). I also had a 10x20 Metal Print from my local lab made that I display prominantly in my front window. I also have one in the studio, along with literature telling what certification means. In my About section on my website, I explain what it means to be certified. And as a Certification Liaison for Michigan, I am constantly promoting it amongst the photographers in my local affiliate, as well as at our state convention. I feel very strongly that certification not only sets you apart, but can also make you a better photographer thru the experience itself. My certificate is hung directly above my viewing TV, so it won't be missed either.
    Angela Lawson CPP
    Michigan CPP Liason
    AGL Photography
    Where Life + Art = Memories Forever
    http://www.aglphotography.net

I appreciate your responses. Hopefully more CPPs will stop by and post. It would be cool to see what methods other photogs have had success with.

The usual...business cards, letterhead, email signature, forum signature.
    Cheri MacCallum
    CPP, M. Photog., M. Artist, MEI, Cr., GFD, Ph. Artist
    Painter Portraits for Pros and Fine Art Printing Services
    http://www.artbycheri.net/proserv.html
    www.artbycherifineart.net
    http://artbycheri.typepad.com/art_by_cheri/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Turner View Post
    I am sending out a press release this morning announcing that I have earned the CPP. I use it in my email signature. It is on the top of my web site home page. All of Facebook land knows I got it. I am sending out a 2 part email blast this morning about the CPP and a Mother's Day promo.

What else can I do? Someone give me some ideas.
    Congrats Mark!

Angela's got it down.

I used to be certified when I was still in the biz and one of my biggest regrets is that I never made an "Album" out of my cert prints. In the old days it was only ten prints, when I re-certified it took twenty. I really wish I had taken those thirty prints and made a book out of them. These days you can make a hardcover book with text and logos and all kinds of cool stuff. If I were ya'll I'd make a dozen or so copies of my CPP book and scatter 'em around town. Doctors offices, dentists, reception venues, you get the picture.

Hey - congrats again Mark. Way to go!