Default Critique for Northcentral Please.

Last year was my first year in competition and I merited one image. Was very happy and excited about that. Since then, I have earned my certification and I am convinced that it is within my power to go 4/4 this year. Could you please take a moment and let me know what you think of my choices? I've never done the matting and key lining before, so that is new to me. Thanks, everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Critique for Northcentral Please.

I love the feel of the second image, but the blue right above the horse seems out of place. Being from the midwest, I also love the third image. On the fourth it looks like there is some texture on her shoulder. Was it on purpose or ??? Granted, I am by no means qualified to give you any advice on how they will do in comp. The first one really did not do much for me, it seems so centered. I am sure the client loved it, but not sure it would fair in the merit category at competition. I am sure others more qualified will let you know! Good luck!
    Last edited by gailcarver; 02-09-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    Gail R. Carver, CPP
    Certification Liasion, WY

thanks, gail. i think that blue must have come from the texture and it was unintentional so i will have to work on that. there isn't texture on the last image, but if it looks like there is, i better address that too. thanks for replying. i hope some more people give their opinions.

The key lines on the 3rd and 4th images seem to pull my eye away from the images itself. I think I would either remove them, make them a neutral color, or move them right against the image as a border between the image and background. They should enhance the image, not compete with them.

thanks, lisa. i will work on those keylines.