Thank you Canon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Canon

Hybrid View

Default Thank you Canon

I just was reflecting on my experience and wanted to thank Canon for having faith in young, probably blind and probably deaf photographer. I was walking the show floor at Imaging USA and noticed a young man who must have been blind or super sensitve to light, so much that he had to keep his Oakley mirrored sunglasses on while doing a demo on using their flashes in their booth in the convention center. I think he may have been deaf as well, he had some type of hearing aid that seamed to look like a Jawbone bluetooth headset, also on while giving his presentation. I just wanted to thank Canon for giving this young man a chance and support his cause by allowing him to give a demo in spite of his handicap(s) and wish him the best in the future.

Default Re: Thank you Canon

Tom, I think I'm reading some serious sarcasm here, not sure of your purpose but I will state that I am highly affected by flash. If I'm not prepared or at the mercy of a point and shoot camera with the red eye disco strobe, I can get a severe migrane that also affects my vision.

Was there some part of the Canon presentation this guy gave that you did not like?
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

It's amazing the differences people see in the same piece of writing. I thought it was an extremely nice gesture to compliment Canon on this. I'm assuming the sunglasses point to an issue with the brightness factor yet despite that possible handicap you have an individual who is apparently more interested in photography than most. I wonder who's right?

Don't worry. Someone felt I was too personal in another thread. And, I was personal because we were discussing a personal opinion. Never wrote anything in an attackful manner. Just goes to show you never know with certainty how someone will react to something, especially when in print.
    Billy Walker
    Billy Walker Photography
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    "Let's Go Racin' Boy's"

I also read this as a (brilliantly) sarcastic piece, too.
    STEFF (not StePH)

Stephanie Millner Cr.Photog., CPP

main site | destination pets | blog | facebook | fan page

Ah, to live like the Italians... with extremely little to do.
    12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

well now i'm totally confused
    can tom explain

2 for sarcastic? What am I missing here? Where is the sarcasm?
    Billy Walker
    Billy Walker Photography
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    "Let's Go Racin' Boy's"

I didn't see the sarcasm either, Billy. I took it for a genuine expression of appreciation of the thoughtfulness of a large company. I guess we'll have to wait for the original poster to come back and clear this up.

I found it to be sincere as well. I think the description of his hearing aid would lead people to read it as sarcasm but I highly doubt that was intended.

The device is called a Cochlear Implant but unless you or someone you know has one chances are good that you wouldn't know it's name.

I have seen work created by a blind photographer and I was amazed at what I saw.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

I see sarcasm about the rockstar mentality all the way.
    I thought at first maybe it was the presenter who was making fun of themselves! I didnt go to iusa, so I didnt see the presenter with the mirrored sunglasses.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

i missed the sarcasm too
    the concept of a blind photographer is interesting for sure.
    imagine creating 2 dimensional art and never being able to see it.
    same as a deaf musician, i guess?