Competition Worthy? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Competition Worthy?

Greg, I have flame brushes if you'd like to work with them. I did some in color, working to get the variances of a flame but it'd be easy cheesy in monotone.

I'd be glad to share them or see where I got them (free download somewhere) if you're interested
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Ohh, and Ed, we all work hardest to please our clients. Competition is secondary but when learning what's needed in a comp image, helps us to please our clients later.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Jackson View Post
    Greg you can use the Puppet Warp tool and move his hands closer. I did this just for a quick result but of course with the full resolution file it would be much easier and better results. Then again, a reshoot also may be give you far better results now that you know all these things.
    Ron,
    I agree that a reshoot is my best option but it could easily be Summer before I see him again so I'm working this image as though a reshoot isn't an option. I need someone in North Alabama or Mississippi to let me use their studio so I can go to him and reshoot.

I do like the hands higher and looking back I wish I had shot more variations but that's a lesson learned for the next shoot. I'll see what results I can get with the puppet warp tool.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Thanks Linda. I needed that.

I have a really great trend started in my market. My clients are in love with the "print comp" looks and gladly pay the extra cost(double) to have their images worked up this way. It's another way that print comp can add to your bottom line.
    Greg Yager CPP

Greg the other option for the flame is real simple. Get the camera and a lighter and shoot it yourself. Now you have a real flame like the one I used. Very quick and simple.

On my way to the studio now to photograph some flames. Results will be posted soon.
    Greg Yager CPP

Flame added. Hands raised slightly using warp tool. A curves adjustment to bring up mid tones and darken blacks.
    Greg Yager CPP

Much better. Now, the flame has too much orange in it for me so I would tone that down. Also, there seems to be a black edge around his shirt that bothers me. Most obvious along his right arm where the smoke is. Then I meant to mention this before, you have a rather obvious black dot on the background near the top of his head. Look at the hair poking out from under his cap and it points right to that dot. Probably sensor dust.

Much better, This image has improved a great deal from the start.

I had to wiggle the image to find the dot but now I see it plain as day. I lowered the saturation on the flame but I forgot it needed to be sepia. I forgot to mention that the sepia tone was created with a preset on SilverFx Pro. Should I stay with the sepia or do you think B&W would have more impact?
    Greg Yager CPP