OurPPA Meet and Greet at IUSA
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default OurPPA Meet and Greet at IUSA

Hey all! Usually by now we've had some form of discussion about meeting up somewhere with other OurPPA forum members. Last year was on Saturday evening after helping set up the Print Exhibit. Any thoughts for when and where this year. I've never been to NO before so I have no idea where would be a good place to meet, so hopefully others will chime in now and we can get the party started, so to speak.

Really looking forward to my trip this year. Can't wait to see you all!
    Angela Lawson CPP
    Michigan CPP Liason
    AGL Photography
    Where Life + Art = Memories Forever
    http://www.aglphotography.net

Default Re: OurPPA Meet and Greet at IUSA

I know there are quite a few of us helping set up the display, so that could make sense to have it after that, depending on what people have going on. Last year's informal gathering was a blast, but we were missing quite a few people.

I was starting to wonder about this too Angela! It's been a pretty big deal for the last few years!
    CK McDaniel, Cr Photog., CPP
    Because Photographers have a BETTER IMAGE ...
    www.StudioEnVogue.com

So, where is everyone this year?!!! Since the actual evenings of the conference all have something going on, I guess I'll just step up and suggest that we try to do it on Saturday evening again? Does that work for most everyone? However, someone else will have to make a suggestion as to where, since I've never been there.
    Angela Lawson CPP
    Michigan CPP Liason
    AGL Photography

Ed, did you already sign up for set up? I haven't heard anything....

Saturday night works well for us, too.

Amy,

I know that Ed and I are both signed up already. If you contact Colleen again, just let her know that you want to help again. Or let Rick know and I'm sure he can make sure you are on the list.

Hopefully you feel better this time around.
    Angela Lawson CPP
    Michigan CPP Liason
    AGL Photography

Ditto that about contacting Collen again. She just sent another email last week to confirm that people were still going to be there for the set up/take down, so if you didn't hear from her It would be a good idea to get ahold of her ASAP.

I remember the gathering and a photo in Tampa outside at a lunch time casual.
    I have not attended Imaging since. I will be this January. I will be visiting relatives in FL, and arrive in New Orleans Thursday, to take in some "sites". Anyone have the iPhone app, which also might be available for other platforms? Thanks PPA! One can enter "contacts" to it. Has schedules, speaker, and other info.

I'm interested but not tried to register for one or two pre-con programs, realize at extra costs!
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela_Lawson View Post
    So, where is everyone this year?!!! Since the actual evenings of the conference all have something going on, I guess I'll just step up and suggest that we try to do it on Saturday evening again? Does that work for most everyone? However, someone else will have to make a suggestion as to where, since I've never been there.
    Saturday sometime between 5pm and 8pm would seem logical. Most Pre con classes get over at 5 and hopefully we will be done setting up the image display by then. The PPA Charities celebration starts at 8pm.
    I have a feeling Rick will be able to tell us the best place to meet.

I think in the past we have had sponsors that provided a room for us, I don't know if anything like that may be in the works this year.
    Last edited by Ed_Sharp; 11-21-2011 at 05:42 PM.

There was a sponsor for the room in past years, but not for this year. However, to tell you the truth, the meet and greet at a designated bar seems to be more fun for everyone
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com