Streaming Video of my PhotoExpo lecture
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Streaming Video of my PhotoExpo lecture

Hey all,

For those going and not going to PhotoExpo in NY this week, I'll be in the Canon booth stage Saturday @ 1pm.
    Canon will be doing a live video streaming of my talk at
    http://tinyurl.com/3wrp83d

Check it out if you get a chance.
    I'll be talking about light and perception.

Default Re: Streaming Video of my PhotoExpo lecture

Jack,
    Are you going to be anywhere near the expo on Thursday?
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Should be around all three days. Lotta rain expected Thursday.

Just found out it's not a lecture scheduled, but rather a model shoot. Even more fun.

Jack,

They've changed the name of this so many times from PhotoExpoEast to what it is today. It's now PhotoPlus, not PhotoExpo. That was so two years ago. lol I was there today and will go to the Hassie/Bron Imaging workshops on Friday.

Thanks for posting the link. I'll try to watch. Canon has all sorts of models around so you'll have fun.

Canon had a really big chunk of real estate for sure, but I loved the Leica booth. All the reps were in dark suits and red ties. Very classy. That was subtle branding and marketing.

I think it's now called "PhotoPlus/WPPI East"
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I still remember the first one that started in the basement of the Sheraton Hotel.

I also have to correct, I'm not doing a lecture as I thought, but rather a shoot with models. Even more fun.

Jack,

Quality of video and the sound was excellent. You were really good. Brandi was extremely annoying. Chubby guy on stage with tan pants and jacket, crazy shoes should tuck in his shirt so he doesn't look so sloppy. You looked professional. Brandi looked perfect. He looked like a schlubb.

Brandi obviously was there as a constant commercial, primarily for 7D. But did find it strange she only mentioned aps-size senor once.

And if they want to show how good the camera and printer is, take a landscape or group shot and print something other than a single full frame of a single head. A single head is the easiest subject for a large print as software fills in any missing pixels easily. But, hey, it's on-stage and they are there to sell product so they have limitations.

Nice job.
    Last edited by David_Schneider; 10-29-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks for the feedback David.
    It's always a fun gig.

Years ago, when they first started doing stage shoots, Canon would hire just three of us for all day- me, Douglas Kirkland, and Monte Zucker. That was always great fun.
    Now they spread it out and everyone basically gets 1 session.
    Basically, you get your time and then when it comes you jump on stage and start.
    Canon hires everyone and all I have to do is show up. Models and props are put together with a wonderful stylist (and photographer) named Vered.
    I just wish I could use my lights and banks.

Glad to hear it the video and sound came across so well. And thrilled to hear there was at least one viewer out there (LOL)

I missed it - I clicked in right when Bruce Dorn was starting up. Was it recorded for post program download or was it live view only ?
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman