Letters are out - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Letters are out

Default Re: Letters are out

I'm not like keith. I only accept large bribes.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I don't think the board gets to vote, just council. Don't send Michael any money.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

LOL. We're non-elected council members Email of my address coming up

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber

I haven't received a letter, yet.

I have 13 speaking merits, 15 service merits and 10 exhibition merits, so I was anticipating being able to apply for the Craftsman Degree.

I was credited with my 13th speaking merit on 9/12/11 - did that perhaps come in after the initial list was compiled? Should I call and check, or should I just be patient?

Thanks
    Christine Walsh-Newton, M. Photog., Cr., CPP
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

I would email Christel. She is really great about responding promptly.

However, if you use 12 of your 15 service merits toward your Cr. degree, then what if you earn the last 3 print merits for your M.Photog. next year? You would only have 3 service merits so you wouldn't be able to get your Masters. (Unless you came up with 9 more service /speaking merits between now and then). If that's do-able then No sense putting off the Cr. But if it will delay the M.Photog., if it were me, that would be the one I really wanted. Just something to think about.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe

The Craftsman letters will go out shortly after Super Monday is complete.

—Michael Gerber

Michael, I know some people have already received their Craftsman letters. because a friend sent me a picture of his.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe

I know that there were something like only 29 names on the list and 70 Masters. I'd hang tight just a little bit longer before making the call.

—Michael Gerber

I got my Craftsman letter last Thursday.
    Karen Walker, Cr. Photog., CPP, ACE

I'll hang tight on the Craftsman letter, just in case.

Keith, I have a plan for those last 9 merits. I'm doing a SuperMonday in a few weeks, which will take care of 2, I'm a CPP Liason, which will earn me another 2 in December. I will be working a district competition print room/image exhibit in March and hope to earn 2 PEC merits there and will also be applying to teach both SuperMondays in 2012, which should be an added 4 if I get students at both. I can also do a few webinars if need be and I'm probably also going to attend an affiliate school in 2012, so if the stars all align right, I should get at least 12 by this time next year. I had thought of waiting and having both conferred at once, but I'm impatient.
    Christine Walsh-Newton, M. Photog., Cr., CPP
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog