Letters are out - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Letters are out

Default Re: Letters are out

Correction - I got my letter. A "helpful" person placed it off to the side for me and I just saw it.
    Christine Walsh-Newton, M. Photog., Cr., CPP
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Christine_Walsh-Newton View Post
    I had thought of waiting and having both conferred at once, but I'm impatient.
    I know what my wife would have said when she was getting her degrees "what???? both at once so I only get to buy one dress?"

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine_Walsh-Newton View Post
    I'll hang tight on the Craftsman letter, just in case.

Keith, I have a plan for those last 9 merits. I'm doing a SuperMonday in a few weeks, which will take care of 2, I'm a CPP Liason, which will earn me another 2 in December. I will be working a district competition print room/image exhibit in March and hope to earn 2 PEC merits there and will also be applying to teach both SuperMondays in 2012, which should be an added 4 if I get students at both. I can also do a few webinars if need be and I'm probably also going to attend an affiliate school in 2012, so if the stars all align right, I should get at least 12 by this time next year. I had thought of waiting and having both conferred at once, but I'm impatient.
    Christine,
    You do not get Service Merits from working at a District Judging unless you are the overall coordinator of the competition. Working as a print handler does not earn you any Service Merits. The only two places that I know of that you earn Service Merits for working as a print handler is at the IPC (International Photographic Competition), and at the National Convention. If you volunteer to work at the IPC, you receive 2 Service Merits for the five days of work - if you work at the Convention hanging and taking down the prints, you can earn another Service Merit. I've worked at the Southwest Judging for many years and have never received a merit for my service there (nor did I expect to receive any from working the SWPPA Judging). The Southwest Judging starts tomorrow - due to some medical issues, I will not be there this year - it'll be the first one I've missed in many years.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 09-29-2011 at 12:23 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

I received 2 PEC merits from working the MidEast print room/judging/image exhibit set-up & tear-down in 2010. I just assumed I'd get the same from working Northeast in 2012. No biggie. I'll still be there. I'm in charge of the image exhibit. (I'm on the PPO BOD).
    Christine Walsh-Newton, M. Photog., Cr., CPP
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    Christine,
    You do not get Service Merits from working at a District Judging unless you are the overall coordinator of the competition. Working as a print handler does not earn you any Service Merits. The only two places that I know of that you earn Service Merits for working as a print handler is at the IPC (International Photographic Competition), and at the National Convention. If you volunteer to work at the IPC, you receive 2 Service Merits for the five days of work - if you work at the Convention hanging and taking down the prints, you can earn another Service Merit. I've worked at the Southwest Judging for many years and have never received a merit for my service there (nor did I expect to receive any from working the SWPPA Judging). The Southwest Judging starts tomorrow - due to some medical issues, I will not be there this year - it'll be the first one I've missed in many years.
    Rick,
    You are incorrect. If you are the print crew for a regional or national judging, you recieve two service merits.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

That's interesting... I've worked the SWPPA judging for many years and never received any merits for working it - I'll have to look into it - if that's the case, then PPA probably owes me another bar...

I looked it up on the PPA Merits page of the website and it does state:
    Service Merits
    These merits can be earned through PPA, PPA Affiliates, and the Photographic Exhibitions Committee (PEC).
    PEC Level
    Serve as Jury Chair, Co-Chair or Jury Chairperson-in-Training.
    Serve as Print Juror.
    Serve as a PEC Volunteer for a District or International Photographic Competition.

Do you know if that is a new change effective this year or if it has always been that way?
    I know that there was some restructuring of the merit system done at this year's Council meeting.
    Was this one of the changes on the consent agenda or was it always this way?
    Because they never gave out any merits in the past 10 years for working at the Southwest judging.

Christine - Sorry about posting incorrect info, but this is news to me.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 09-29-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    That's interesting... I've worked the SWPPA judging for many years and never received any merits for working it - I'll have to look into it - if that's the case, then PPA probably owes me another bar...

I looked it up on the PPA Merits page of the website and it does state:
    Service Merits
    These merits can be earned through PPA, PPA Affiliates, and the Photographic Exhibitions Committee (PEC).
    PEC Level
    Serve as Jury Chair, Co-Chair or Jury Chairperson-in-Training.
    Serve as Print Juror.
    Serve as a PEC Volunteer for a District or International Photographic Competition.

Do you know if that is a new change effective this year or if it has always been that way?
    I know that there was some restructuring of the merit system done at this year's Council meeting.
    Was this one of the changes on the consent agenda or was it always this way?
    Because they never gave out any merits in the past 10 years for working at the Southwest judging.

Christine - Sorry about posting incorrect info, but this is news to me.
    Rick,
    I am not sure when it was started. I do know that i got merits for this past judging in the spring.
    Jef
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

I got mine!

Any idea when the letters are going out for Atlanta?

Well I just got mine for Atlanta! ***doing the happy dance***
    Heather
    TPPA Associate Fellow