EI prints used in other comps? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: EI prints used in other comps?

Off the top of my head... I know that Dwight has all 5 degrees as well as Robert Faust. I'll probably remember the other one around 3 AM or so when my brain resets...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Jessica,
    Welcome to the Forum !
    It was really nice to finally meet you and Oscar in San Antonio.
    Are you coming to N'Awlins in January??

Hello Rick,
    Oscar & I enjoyed getting to finally meet you as well. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to actually talk in New Orleans!
    All the time and effort that you and so many others dedicate to making IPC run smoothly is valued and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JLozoya View Post
    Keith Howe – A heartfelt Thank You for voicing your objection to the MEI/M.Artist name change. I’m very close to earning the EI degree and becoming the first in my state to do so. However, there is already a traditional M.Artist here and I feel that it will confuse a lot of people if these two different degrees have the same designation. It’s good to hear that there is now the option to distinguish between them as they both represent a great deal of dedication to obtain in different disciplines.
    Just remember - you have to finish it up by IPC 2012 to have the option of being known as MEI.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    Off the top of my head... I know that Dwight has all 5 degrees as well as Robert Faust. I'll probably remember the other one around 3 AM or so when my brain resets...
    I know this is a typo but somebody will get confused if we don't correct it - it's 4 degrees not 5. And you are right about Dwight. I had forgotten nabout him. Back when we would actually get a printed PPA directory every year all the degree holders were listed in the front. Now I don't think there is a list anywhere.
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

wow, who knew the can of worms i was opening with a simple question. LOL
    can someone clarify for me that the M. Artist degree is still going to be for the same type submissions that the MEI was for. They just decided to rename it?
    Teacher, Consultant, Artist

Chiseled Images
    -custom workflow, post-production, retouching, and now custom social media.
    Find Us On Facebook.
    Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by A_McCormick View Post
    wow, who knew the can of worms i was opening with a simple question. LOL
    can someone clarify for me that the M. Artist degree is still going to be for the same type submissions that the MEI was for. They just decided to rename it?
    Yes, the same kind of entries. You can also add traditional artwork, but that's an option not a requirment.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

It's five degrees - you forgot Master Artist Squared !!!
    just joking - yeah - it's a typo - carpal tunnel plus numerical dyslexia from looking at numbers all week...
    The Four degrees are:
    Master of Photography - gold
    Photographic Craftsman - blue
    Master Artist - white
    Master of Electronic Imaging - red

And for Keith alone - for the Master Artist Squared - I'm gonna suggest green... or maybe purple, green, and gold (those are the Mardi Gras colors)

Default Reclaiming History

Mark, I couldn't help noticing your quote:

"Like you, I'm all for keeping awards in state. (I got two 98's in New Mexico, yet all the hardware went to 84 and lower scores)."

As Print Committee Chair for the New Mexico Convention, I must remind you that there were a total of seven scores in the 90's, including yours, and that in this year's International Print Competition our New Mexico members had six prints accepted into the PPA Loan Collection. Not to mention that you actually did get hardware equal in size to all the other New Mexico winners at our convention - you will recall it was the out of state trophy.

Dennis Chamberlain
    VP of PPANM
    Adobe Certified Expert - Photoshop and Lightroom

My apologies Dennis.
    Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I didn't realize.

I didn't get to see all the judging, and didn't get to see all the prints/scores on the racks. Every time I tried to browse the gallery, I got pulled into a conversation.
    I never did get to see all the work in depth, or see what everything scored.
    Please accept my apologies.

I think that news is awesome. Especially when you see new faces on the podium the last few years. I listened for scores at the Awards Dinner, but they gave titles, but no scores.
    I think Loan Collection news is awesome too. The state is getting stronger, and I'm really happy for you guys.

I've always held a deep respect for PPANM, and in no way did I mean to disparage with my comments.
    I built the original website at no charge about 10 or 12 years ago.
    Assisted with programs after the problems the state faced with a departing board member, at no charge, and always tried to help when PPANM called.

I hope you didn't take my comments as a knock on PPANM photographers, but I can see how it may have come across that way.
    I was trying to commend the state for their rules regarding out of state members.
    But not known for being all that eloquent.
    M. Photog., Cr. CPP
    F-TPPA, F-SPPPA
    Vice President, Texas Professional Photographers Assoc
    Professional Photographic Certification Commission
    5 Time Photographer of the Year