Kentucky is on a mission
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kentucky is on a mission

Our state association formerly known as the KPPA has dropped it's borders and changed it's name in order to become a regional influence. We are now branding ourselves as the PhotoProNetwork and looking to dramatically increase our coverage area to include surrounding states.

If all goes well this could become the model for other states to follow. Only time will tell.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Default Re: Kentucky is on a mission

Yes I am hoping it goes well for sure! Hope to get to see you at the summer seminar Greg. I will be working and taking the CPP test. My images were approved last month. See you then (maybe). J.

I'm already registered so I'll definitely see you there. Good luck on the test!
    Greg Yager CPP

Just a few questions - your new moniker has no PPA in it, are you still affiliated with PPA? - How do the surrounding state's affiliates feel about this? I know some states do it better and membership can jump lines but there's usually some animosity then, even if the 'other' state is not doing so well and isn't looking to improve. - are there not set boundaries for affiliates associated with PPA?
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

All very good questions Linda and at the moment I have none of the answers. I'm trying to find this out even as we speak. I spoke with our president(David Ziser) about the possibilities of this change back in January but I had no clue it would be this drastic.
    Greg Yager CPP

I don't recall any stipulation on the articles of affiliation that outlines nor requires any boundaries for it's affiliates. Also, during the last few years it's getting clearer and clearer (and the affiliates are reminded about this constantly) that affiliation is definitely not hierarchical as some think or wants it to be. So, poaching each other states members is not really a PPA issue but rather an inter-state issue if it's even an issue at all.

Interstate dis-respect perhaps? Then again, in the current climate very few would choose to not recruit from each others areas now and it's almost like it's every association for themselves in order to survive/thrive. That or a few small ones within a reasonable radius merge to make a bigger one is probably the key. Association survival is really a numbers thing.

Anyways, if it becomes an issue there's not much that the other states can do. The only situation that I could think of that might be a real problem is if the new Kentucky at some point would want to actively participate in sanctioned print competition. If there is a real grudge, the states could decide that the new Kentucky isn't really a state group and barr it from hosting the district comp.

Good luck to the new KY!
    Last edited by Marc_Benjamin; 06-07-2011 at 08:19 PM.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

I have more detailed information about the move that I can post as soon as I get home. Our main growth will most likely be north into the Greater Cincinatti area and Indiana that currently has limited representation and participation.
    Greg Yager CPP

Quote Originally Posted by GregYager View Post
    I have more detailed information about the move that I can post as soon as I get home. Our main growth will most likely be north into the Greater Cincinatti area and Indiana that currently has limited representation and participation.
    You won't be recruiting in California?

So how do the Indiana and Ohio state associations feel about this change in scope ???
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 06-07-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_Lawrence View Post
    You won't be recruiting in California?
    Give me time......
    Greg Yager CPP