Ppane :)

Thread: Ppane :)

Default Ppane :)

Just a quick note, was great to meet and put faces to all the great members! despite the massive 10 minute blizzard i drove through to get home( not joking) it was well worth the trip down!

Watching the judging was enlightning and i have a new found respect for the hours of work that the judges put in to make sure everyone has a fair judging on their prints

Blown away by the history of ppane with images dating back to 1923...
    Suzanne Bird, CPP
    Ontario CPP Liason

Photography unleashed!
    suebird@urbandogphotog.ca
    613 296 4658

Default Re: Ppane :)

Did they have an awards banquet while you were there? I couldn't find one on any of the schedules.
    Christine Walsh-Newton, M. Photog., Cr., CPP
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

The awards for PPANE members will be given at their September mini-conference. If you are from another affiliate, you'd probably have to ask them when they'll give awards.
    Cassandra Sullivan, CPP
    Massachusetts CPP Liason

Cassandra's Photography
    Here & There - The Blog
    "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

There are district awards associated with this district competition - are those not presented formally?
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Christine_Walsh-Newton View Post
    There are district awards associated with this district competition - are those not presented formally?
    Christine,
    I did not see any of your files come through the room, but as you know I was on the print side of it, and did not have a lot of business to be in the digital room.

The district wide stuff will likely be in your case, and probably mentioned by your home state. This district is a grouping of many states put together by PEC, and does not have a cohesive reason to exist other than comp. Geography and other factors dictate that, so I cant see a venue that a formal setting would make sense.

Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Thanks Jeff. That's different. My state hosted the last regional (Mid East States) in 2010 and will be hosting the Northeast District in 2012. I'm on the board of directors and am the print exhibit chair. It will be interesting to see the changes since we have crossed over into the larger districts.
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

Just a quick question for a couple of us who are new. So now with my case back...the next steps and deadlines are ?
    international print competition right?
    you can change a non sealed image...but not a sealed one....
    and to get the sealed one to merit it has to go to the next step to hang....
    Do we have to pay again for the IPC? or are we already paid for entering the North EAST?

From the PPA website for FYI.

April 27, 2011: Online registration deadline for digital and print submissions. Case must be received by May 10, 2011, or will be subject to late fee.

* $95.00 for PPA members registered by midnight (Eastern Time), April 27, 2011
    * $160.00 for all non-members registered by midnight (Eastern Time), April 27, 2011

May 10, 2011: Late deadline for digital and print submissions (late fee required). Case must be received by May 18, 2011 (late fee required).

* $155.00 for PPA members registering April 28, 2011 through midnight (Eastern Time), May 10, 2011.
    * $220.00 for all non-members registering April 28, 2011 through midnight (Eastern Time), May 10, 2011
    Suzanne Bird, CPP
    Ontario CPP Liason

Photography unleashed!
    suebird@urbandogphotog.ca
    613 296 4658

Sue -

the next step is IPC. The deadline is April 27th for the $95 fee, you can enter later for an additional fee.

No, your district fee does not cover this, you need to pay again for IPC.

If you have a sealed print from district, you need to enter it at IPC to have the seal converted to a merit.

You can change a sealed print and enter an improved version, but that is called "Breaking the seal" and means it will need to be judged all over again and is no longer sealed.
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

9. Default Re: Ppane :)

I had a hard time finding any information on the PPANE awards, but in their March newsletter, I found the following (pasted below) however, how/when/where/ and to whom these were awarded, I have no idea ...

Here are the awards to be chosen from PPANE members’ image entries:
    • PPANE Courts of Honor (Masters - 4)
    • PPANE Courts of Honor (Non-Masters - 4)
    • Lustrecolor Award (Highest scoring image)
    • Digital Silver Imaging Award (Best Black & White image)
    • One photographer from each New England state will be designated

Photographer of the Year, based on the body of work submitted
    Here are the awards to be chosen from all District members’ image entries:

• Canon Par Excellence Award
    • Lexjet Sunset Award for Best Color Portrait
    • Kodak Gallery Awards (5)
    • Fuji Masterpiece Awards (2)
    • ASP Award for highest scoring image by an ASP member
    • CPP Award for highest scoring image by a Certified Professional Photographer
    • Photographer of the Year from each state or provonce in the District
    John Heckler, M.Photog, CPP

Avatar compliments of Laura Laine Photography