Image Critique Please?

Default Image Critique Please?

Created a Photobucket album anonymously. Critiques appreciated. Thanks in advance. Also have these in the gallery here, but they are showing "pending approval" Thanks.

http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff453/CPPPPA/

Default Re: Image Critique Please?

{crickets chirping} Oh dear, I hope they aren't that bad.......

Hey here
    I think it is a factor of the time line for this one, the Print cases for International Print Competition are coming due as well, so I am sure you will have some feedback soon, it is a pretty busy time for the Senior members with the experience to critique everyone posting for certification.

I am half way to CPP with images passed, i can add one observation if you are open to that? I would be careful of your backgrounds in your images, make sure there is relevance if you are keeping the information in the background in there otherwise the impact of the subject gets lost and it becomes busy.

The one that I noticed to demonstrate this is he little girl with the green check chair behind her, it is not a relevant part to the story of the image,

Try this as well, take them all, place them thumbnail on one page and look at them in thumbnails all together, from what i have hear of the process is this is how the judges scan your full entries first,

Hope this helps?
    Good luck
    sue
    Last edited by suebird; 04-20-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: removed name from greeting
    Suzanne Bird, CPP
    Ontario CPP Liason

Photography unleashed!
    suebird@urbandogphotog.ca
    613 296 4658

Something that I noticed thruout your images is that they seem to be consistently very light. The detail seems to be there, so you could pull most of them down some, but then you would have some of them being very dark on the unlit side. It appears that you work only with available light, which is fine, but I would suggest using a reflector to fill in the darker side some, and darken your overall exposure a little. Also, I'm seeing alot of varying color casts in these photos. One of the things the judges are looking for is a consistency with color management. Do you use any form of color management (ie. calibrated monitor, color checker, gray balance card, etc.)?

I hope this helps alittle.
    Angela
    Angela Lawson CPP
    Michigan CPP Liason
    AGL Photography
    Where Life + Art = Memories Forever
    http://www.aglphotography.net

Yes, this is all extremely helpful. Thank you so much. I do not use any color management currently.....apparently that is obvious. I will take every suggestion here into consideration. Thank you!