EI and PO Merits Towards Masters - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: EI and PO Merits Towards Masters

I figure the best way to see a lot of EI judging would be to volunteer at the IPC. Well I looked for the volunteer form and now I can't find it anywhere. I tried the live chat support and they gave me an e-mail address to contact that doesn't exist. Anybody have a clue how I can go about volunteering for this?
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Call PPA and ask for Colleen. She is in charge of competitions. FWIW while working crew at IPC is a great learning experience it is expensive. You don't get paid nor do you get any expenses covered. Also it's not as simple as just volunteering. They only have a very limited number of spaces. Part of the deal with the college is the students get to work on crews for the learning experince so there are only have a few spots left and most of those go to spouses of judges. My best advice is to call early before they fill up.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Greg
    We would love to have you vol. at IPC. Collen is indeed the person to contact at PPA, she is however on vacation this week.

The judging (like all PPA judging events) is completely open to the public and you can just come and watch if you choose.

The EI judging is confusing to many folks. Keep in mind that in this arena technique trumps the other eleven elements. The competition and the degree are all about the the entrant's skills in the transformation and enhancement of images. Keep this in mind when selecting images. Ansel Addams' "Half Dome" would not merit in the EI category but would do very well in PO.

Misunderstanding is one element giving the EI category the "difficult" reputation.

Thanks Randy. I'll call first thing Monday morning!
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me